Orin Startup failure

I get stuck here occasionally when I startup orin.However, when I use DEBUG uefi, this does not happen

Hi Seven0,

Are you using the devkit or custom board for AGX Orin?
What’s your Jetpack version in use?

It seems you are entering into UEFI shell.
Do you have any serial devices connected or you hit any key to interrupt the boot up?

Hi, KevinFFF
It is custom board,jetpack 5.0.2,only DEBUG UART connected in my PC,and no key was pressed during startup.

Could you verify with latest JP5.1.2(R35.4.1)?
If you remove every USB/serial devices, could you reproduce the same issue?

Thank you reply,upgrading to the latest version takes a long time to debug even if it doesn’t have problems,it would be best if it could be resolved without changing the version.
This issue comes up occasionally, I don’t know what triggers it, I don’t know how often it comes up, I try to remove all the devices and see if it comes up again.
One thing to note is that when I use DEBUG UEFI, this problem does not occur when I boot it more than 200 times

How do you clone the uefi source to build debug UEFI?
Have you also tried the uefi_Jetson_RELEASE.bin in the same folder?

Sorry,I may not have been clear,DEBUG UEFI is uefi_Jetson_DEBUG.bin,no issue was found when I use uefi_Jetson_DEBUG.bin,the issue occurs when I use uefi_Jetson_RELEASE.bin.

They are build from the same source, just different from whether they enable the debug prints or not.

May I know how do you clone the UEFI source?

It seems not our official uefi source, I could not access that page.
Could you refer to the steps in Build without docker · NVIDIA/edk2-nvidia Wiki · GitHub ?

Hi,KevinFFF
I just confirmed that I followed the steps in Build without docker · NVIDIA/edk2-nvidia Wiki · GitHub to build uefi.

Do you use the following command to clone uefi source for JP5.0.2 (R35.1)?

$ edkrepo clone nvidia-uefi-jetson-r35.1 NVIDIA-Platforms jetson-r35.1

Do you still have issue with uefi_Jetson_RELEASE.bin?

Hello,KevinFFF
I have this issue again, and found a new issue:

And then reboot, and this issue arises:

Could you refer to the following thread to remove the register hotkey for the uefi menu?
Close or hide UEFI menu - #3 by KevinFFF

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.