pgc++ compiler error

Hi

Using pgc++ (15.7) I get the following compiler error and I have no clue as to what could be causing it.

PGCC-F-0000-Internal compiler error. gasm_process_constraint: (loc2) Could not  find store associated with output item       61 (src/Utilities.C: 133)
PGCC/x86 Linux 15.7-0: compilation aborted

I assume that the number 133 after the name of the source file refers to a line number, but on that line there is only a closing ‘}’ of an if-statement.
Any ideas as to what I should be looking for?

Thanks,
LS

Hi LS,

It’s a internal compiler error, meaning the compiler encountered some code that causing it to fail unexpectedly. I don’t see any previous reports with this particular error so don’t know what would be causing it.

Can you please send a report with a reproducing example to PGI Customer Service (trs@pgroup.com)?

Thanks!
Mat

Hi Mat

I was able to associate a single line of code with the compiler error (specification of static boost::atomic_bool first = true in a member function), but I cannot reproduce the compiler error with that line of code in a simple example. So maybe it is not the root cause. Since I cannot pass you the whole source code it will be difficult for me to get you a reproducing example, unfortunately.

Thanks,
Lutz

Understood. Let me talk with one of our C++ compiler engineers when she’s back in the office tomorrow and see if she has ideas on what this could be. It might help in creating a test case.