Portrait graphics slower than landscape

OK, doing this right now. thanks

Hi,

Still juddering issues with the bubble app (maximised) and “glxgears -fullscreen” in GDM in portrtait. I tried all Rotation options in the control panel… only “Normal” does not judder.

R32 (release), REVISION: 3.1, GCID: 18186506, BOARD: t186ref, EABI: aarch64, DATE: Tue Dec 10 07:03:07 UTC 2019

Robin

Are you able to reproduce yet?

Thanks

Robin

Hi Robin,

Could you help take a video and point out where is juddering if possible?

Hi robin.carlisle,

We can’t reproduce juddering issue on our side with r32.3.1/Xavier.
Could you tried the same steps with us and make sure you still can reproduce issue or not?

$ export DISPLAY=:0
$ xinit &
$ xrandr -o 1
$ cd /usr/src/nvidia/graphics_demos/bubble/x11
$ ./bubble -fps

Carolyuu, do I run these commands without a window manager running? Over ssh maybe?

WayneWWW, I will capture a video today. What program would you like to see juddering? Bubble or glxgears? Could you also capture a video too?

Hi robin.carlisle,

Please run the commands with window manager.
You can run from uart or ssh are fine.

Carolyuu,

I ran through ssh. judders in portrait. does not judder in landscape. FPS reports around 60 in both cases so this does not help diagnose the issue.

I have made a video that clearly shows judder in portrait, but not in landscape. I will try to attach it to this message. As I said in the previous message - the FPS output is misleading and does not change between portrait and landscape

Thanks
nvidiaXavier_judder.zip (43.4 MB)

Hi Robin,

We received your result. Still checking with internal team.

Great, thank you

Any luck with it?

Can the team see the judder in my video? Are they able to reproduce?

Thanks again.

Is there any movement with this?
Thanks

Hi,
We are checking it with core teams. Will update once there is progress.
Are you able to share your usecase of using portrait mode? Don’t see other users work in this mode and would like to get more details.

Hi,

Use case is digital signage and interactive kiosks. They are almost all portrait 9:16 aspect ratio.

Robin

Hi, It has been 3 weeks since you last posted an update. Is there one coming?

Hi Robin,

No, there is no update yet. We will update this thread once this issue is fixed.

Ah … so they are working on a fix! That’s great, thanks v much

Hi, any news on this?

Hi,

Could you share the source code of syncBars?