Problem with CUDA Runtime API - CUDA Toolkit 4.0 (final) and GPU Computing SDK Cannot run C-CUDA Run

Hi everyone,

Could somebody help me with this problem?

I tried to run the GPU Computing SDK C compiled samples but it seems that there is a problem with the CUDA Runtime API. For example, when I run the deviceQuery.exe sample I get the following error:

The same happens with bandwidthTest.exe. The other samples just terminate as soon as they are executed. However, the *Drv.exe samples that use the Driver API run without problems. I can also compile the sample projects without problems using Visual Studio 2008.

I also tried the OpenCL, DirectCompute samples and they run correctly without problems. I even tried the MATLAB Parallel Computing Toolbox GPU functions and they also work without problems. Apparently, the problem is only with the Runtime API.

I installed each software package following the CUDA Getting Started Guide (Windows) instructions, and I tried reinstalling each component without success.

Could somebody provide me with a possible solution or at least some insight about the nature of this problem? I’ve been battling with this issue for 3 days :S

The Dell workstation that I’m working on has the following specifications:

Hardware:

[*]2 Intel Xeon E5620 processors.

[*]Intel Server Board S5520HC.

[*]12GB RAM DDR3.

[*]NVIDIA Tesla C2050.

[*]NVIDIA Quadro 2000.

Software:

[*]Windows 7 Professional 64 bit (Japanese language version).

[*]Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 (Japanese language version).

[*]Tesla C2050 device driver 270.61 (Windows 7 64 bit International version).

[*]Quadro 2000 device driver 270.73 (Windows 7 64 bit International version).

[*]CUDA Toolkit 4.0.17 (final) 64-bit.

[*]CUDA Tools 4.0.17 64-bit.

[*]CUDA Computing SDK code samples 4.0.17 64-bit.

If you need to know more information about the hardware and software of my system please let me know and I’ll post it.

Thank you very much in advance.

Upgrade to 270.81. Previous drivers will not work with 4.0 final.

Thank you very much, tmurray. It worked like a charm :)

Cheers

Hi!

I have the exact same problem with Tesla C1060. I have 270.61 driver installed. Where can I download 270.81?

Thanks

Hi!

I have the exact same problem with Tesla C1060. I have 270.61 driver installed. Where can I download 270.81?

Thanks

Found it. It is on the same download page as CUDA Toolkit 4.0. Still wondering why don’t you get the latest driver when you search for Tesla C1060 drivers.

Found it. It is on the same download page as CUDA Toolkit 4.0. Still wondering why don’t you get the latest driver when you search for Tesla C1060 drivers.

Yeah, I also couldn’t find it at the beginning. The same happens when you search for the latest Tesla C2050 drivers :S

Yeah, I also couldn’t find it at the beginning. The same happens when you search for the latest Tesla C2050 drivers :S