Problems with Deepstream 5.0_5.0.0-1_arm64 on JetPack 4.4

I updated my Deepstream to deepstream-5.0_5.0.0-1_arm64.deb on one of my Jetson Tx2 machines, and my deepstream code no longer works after that.

So I tried to test the deepstream-test1-rtsp-out sample program to verify it before hunting for problems in my code. That sample doesn’t work either. The reason is, there is a missing file:

pwd /opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream/sources/python/apps/deepstream-test1-rtsp-out ls
README deepstream_test1_rtsp_out.py dstest1_pgie_config.txt
$ grep model-engine dstest1_pgie_config.txt

model-color-format(Default=0 i.e. RGB) model-engine-file, labelfile-path,

model-engine-file=…/…/…/…/samples/models/Primary_Detector/ resnet10.caffemodel_b1_gpu0_int8.engine
ls -l ../../../../samples/models/Primary_Detector/resnet10.caffemodel_b1_gpu0_int8.engine ls: cannot access '../../../../samples/models/Primary_Detector/resnet10.caffemodel_b1_gpu0_int8.engine': No such file or directory find / -type f 2>/dev/null | grep resnet10.caffemodel_b1_gpu0_int8.engine
$

As you can see, the file named there does not exist anywhere in the file system. When I try to run the example I get:

ERROR: Deserialize engine failed because file path: /opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-5.0/sources/python/apps/deepstream-test1-rtsp-out/…/…/…/…/samples/models/Primary_Detector/resnet10.caffemodel_b1_gpu0_int8.engine open error

The previous versions had missing files too, but they were optional files. Previously I just commented out the config file entries for the missing files, so I tried that here too, and I got:

ERROR: [TRT]: Network has dynamic or shape inputs, but no optimization profile has been defined.
ERROR: [TRT]: Network validation failed.
ERROR: Build engine failed from config file
ERROR: failed to build trt engine.
0:00:01.556394946 102 0x3020ba90 ERROR nvinfer gstnvinfer.cpp:596:gst_nvinfer_logger: NvDsInferContext[UID 1]: Error in NvDsInferContextImpl::buildModel() <nvdsinfer_context_impl.cpp:1611> [UID = 1]: build engine file failed
0:00:01.556752705 102 0x3020ba90 ERROR nvinfer gstnvinfer.cpp:596:gst_nvinfer_logger: NvDsInferContext[UID 1]: Error in NvDsInferContextImpl::generateBackendContext() <nvdsinfer_context_impl.cpp:1697> [UID = 1]: build backend context failed
0:00:01.556788801 102 0x3020ba90 ERROR nvinfer gstnvinfer.cpp:596:gst_nvinfer_logger: NvDsInferContext[UID 1]: Error in NvDsInferContextImpl::initialize() <nvdsinfer_context_impl.cpp:1024> [UID = 1]: generate backend failed, check config file settings

And this turns out to be the same error I had in my own code at the start of this. This code worked in the previous version of Deepstream 5 on the previous JetPack.

Hi,
Which Jetpack version are you using?
Please noted:

JetPack 4.4 supports the upcoming DeepStream 5.0 release

• DeepStream 5.0 Developer Preview is only supported with JetPack 4.4 Developer Preview.

Hi Amy,

As I stated in the title, I am using JetPack 4.4.

Glen.

You may wait for upcoming DS 5.0 release, or you could use Jetpack 4.4 DP for now.

Sorry Amy, I am not following you…

I am using already using DS5.0, and I am already using JetPack 4.4.

If these versions are not the correct and latest versions, will you please provide links to the right versions of both so I can be unblocked?

Glen.

JP 4.4 and JP 4.4 DP is different. for deepstream 5.0 DP, you should use JP 4.4 DP,
here is link for JP 4.4 DP,

Thank you. I will try that tomorrow.

Glen.