PTP on atlantic 10 Gbe NIC

Please provide the following info (check/uncheck the boxes after clicking “+ Create Topic”):
Software Version
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0 and DriveWorks 3.5
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 10.0 (Linux)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 9.0 (Linux)
other DRIVE OS version
other

Target Operating System
Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Pegasus DevKit (E3550)
other

SDK Manager Version
other

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu 18.04
other

Hello, I am afraid I have many questions about the PTP support of the AGX that I need to understand in order to configure PTP for the system. I have reviewed the existing material and forum questions the best I could find them.

We want the AGX to be a PTP master and supply PTP messages to the internal network via the 10 Gbe NIC (enp4s0 on Xavier A).
I see an existing ptp0 device node associated with eth0.
ethtool -T confirms enp4s0 (10 Gbe) supports hardware time-stamps.

Q1) Can PTP be used with the 10 Gbe NIC?
Q1.1) Does it require a dts/dtb change to enable the ptp device for enp4s0?
Q1.2) If so, how is the dtb file accessed (read-back and updated) on the AGX unit?

When I followed the instruction to build a custom kernel there were some errors during the dts/dtb steps.
Where is the dtb suppose to be located after a build? (A search for .dtb$ in the out directory shows many, many files.)

If this is the right track to enable ptp for the 10 Gbe then I will need to know where the .dts file for it is as well.
A search of drive-oss-src/nvidia/Documentation/devicetree for ptp/PTP only hits on file ./bindings/platform/tegra/tegra-eqos.txt which documents a couple of parameter to set up PTP for the NIC.

I’ve having trouble finding anything about configuring PTP for the altantic driver.
However I see aq_ptp.{h,c} is in the supplied kernel code-base so PTP support should be there for the atlantic NICs.

Hi @sbarber ,

DRIVE OS SDK doesn’t support PTP over the 10 gbe interface on Xavier boards as the HW (Xavier pcie ports) doesn’t support it.

Is the eqos (eth0) the only NIC that supports PTP?

May I know which NIC you are asking about?

The eqos driver driven NIC that enumerates as eth0 on Xavier A.
That one the instructions have you connect the broadR-reach to Ethernet 1Gbe dongle box to.

e.g. Do both Channel A and B support it?
Do any other NICs in the system support PTP?

Please check Ethernet 100M/1G Networking for the details. Thanks.