Would be nice to have the ability to have a higher precision depth format as in some situations 24bits of precision is not enough causing a lot of Z fighting, especially in Pcsx2 emulation where it has 32bits of precision.
Heres a ticket showcasing issue in detail
09:37PM - 13 Sep 20 UTC
Games that have problems with textures flickering over a model. (Due to not know
… ing what's on top for depth)
Avoids making duplicate issues.
- [ ] Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix #3394
- [ ] Okami #2008
- [ ] Megaman X #1558
- [ ] DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2 and 3 #544
- [ ] Sonic Heroes #2118
- [ ] Sonic Riders
- [ ] Shox
- [ ] NASCAR Heat 2002 (HW)
- [ ] Gran Turismo 4 (SW and HW)
- [ ] Guitar Hero (HW)
- [ ] Midnights Club 3 Dub Edition Remix
- [ ] F1 2004
- [ ] Persona 4 (HW)
- [ ] Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 (HW)
- [ ] Need For Speed - Most Wanted
- [ ] Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix #2339
- [ ] Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- [ ] Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- [ ] Vice City (HW only)
- [ ] Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings (pyramid)
- [ ] Fatal Frame series #4493
- [ ] Classic British Motor Racing (billboard)
- [ ] Kuon (Flickering foot in Intro FMV for yang phase)
- [ ] Aggressive Inline Skating (HW only) (Demo from PSmagazine 24)
- [ ] Toca Race Driver (HW only) (Demo from PSmagazine 24)
- [ ] Commandos Strike Force (Demo from PSMagazine 70) (Zoom-in on the mountain before you move character)
- [ ] GTA 3 (Go straight down the road till you see walls with flickering shadows)
- [ ] Digimon World Data #6200
- [ ] Quake III Revolution #5394
- [ ] Onimusha 3 #3609
I think you need to be a bit more precise with your request. What depth buffer implementation do you mean? OpenGL? DirectX? Vulkan? The API specifies the supported precision, not the GPU driver.
Preferably Vulkan, but would also be useful in DX11/12 and OpenGL. I believe there might be an extension to do so with OpenGL but I’m not sure on the support for that.
Any progress yet?, appreciated.🙂, would do the community a real solid
Hi yumzion90, I think I stated the reply before. The GPU driver already supports double float, that is not the issue. The issue is that the API needs to expose that feature. of course this can be suggested to Microsoft (DX) or Khronos (OpenGL, Vulkan) or Apple (Metal), but this is not something that could be addressed by the driver alone.
I am sorry if that is not helpful.
I see , guess ill have to open a ticket for vulkan/opengl and directx as well