Resource loading with HW-accelerated camera pipelines

Running this pipeline on a Jetson Orin Nano Dev Kit with Orin NX SoM: gst-launch-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc ! "video/x-raw(memory:NVMM),width=800,height=800,framerate=60/1" ! nvvidconv ! xvimagesink draw-borders=false sync=false.
The documentation tells me that nvargus is utilizing the HW accelerator, not the GPU–can anyone tell me what HW module is actually being used here? Is it possible to monitor usage of this module, for example the way tegrastats monitors CPU cores and GPU? This pipeline runs but has stability problems after several hours, that seem to be related to resource usage.

Hi,
The tool is tegrastats and you can get status of hardware engines by running sudo tegrastats.

The issue seems to be in instability of the camera source. You may try the debug tips in

Jetson/l4t/Camera BringUp - eLinux.org

Hi DaneLLL, thanks for the quick reply. Yes I have been using tegrastats as I mentioned in my message. Just to repeat the question: tegrastats monitors usage of the CPU, the GPU, and RAM, so is there a similar tool to monitor usage of the VIC and the ISP? I can’t find any mention of the VIC or ISP in the tegrastats output or documentation.

Hi,
The frequency of VIC engine is shown in tegrastats. The frequency of ISP engine is shown in the node:

/sys/kernel/debug/bpmp/debug/clk/isp/rate

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.