RoboParty Fails to load

I am following the guides for Isaac Sim (Omniverse) and the Workflow tutorial that asks you to load the roboparty does nothing.

Console Output:

2021-11-23 18:29:56  [Error] [asyncio] [/home/coach/.local/share/ov/pkg/isaac_sim-2021.2.0/kit/python/lib/python3.7/asyncio/base_events.py:1619] Task exception was never retrieved
future: <Task finished coro=<BaseSampleExtension._on_load_world.<locals>._on_load_world_async() done, defined at /home/coach/.local/share/ov/pkg/isaac_sim-2021.2.0/exts/omni.isaac.examples/omni/isaac/examples/base_sample/base_sample_extension.py:161> exception=ArgumentError('Python argument types in\n    None.GetPrimAtPath(Stage, NoneType)\ndid not match C++ signature:\n    GetPrimAtPath(pxrInternal_v0_20__pxrReserved__::UsdStage {lvalue}, pxrInternal_v0_20__pxrReserved__::SdfPath path)')>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/coach/.local/share/ov/pkg/isaac_sim-2021.2.0/exts/omni.isaac.examples/omni/isaac/examples/base_sample/base_sample_extension.py", line 162, in _on_load_world_async
    await self._sample.load_world_async()
  File "/home/coach/.local/share/ov/pkg/isaac_sim-2021.2.0/exts/omni.isaac.examples/omni/isaac/examples/base_sample/base_sample.py", line 48, in load_world_async
    await self._world.reset_async()
  File "/home/coach/.local/share/ov/pkg/isaac_sim-2021.2.0/exts/omni.isaac.core/omni/isaac/core/world/world.py", line 196, in reset_async
    task.set_up_scene(self.scene)
  File "/home/coach/.local/share/ov/pkg/isaac_sim-2021.2.0/exts/omni.isaac.core/omni/isaac/core/tasks/stacking.py", line 66, in set_up_scene
    scene.add_default_ground_plane()
  File "/home/coach/.local/share/ov/pkg/isaac_sim-2021.2.0/exts/omni.isaac.core/omni/isaac/core/scenes/scene.py", line 162, in add_default_ground_plane
    restitution=restitution,
  File "/home/coach/.local/share/ov/pkg/isaac_sim-2021.2.0/exts/omni.isaac.core/omni/isaac/core/objects/ground_plane.py", line 77, in __init__
    collision=True,
  File "/home/coach/.local/share/ov/pkg/isaac_sim-2021.2.0/exts/omni.isaac.core/omni/isaac/core/prims/geometry_prim.py", line 57, in __init__
    prim = get_prim_at_path(prim_path)
  File "/home/coach/.local/share/ov/pkg/isaac_sim-2021.2.0/exts/omni.isaac.core/omni/isaac/core/utils/prims.py", line 28, in get_prim_at_path
    return get_current_stage().GetPrimAtPath(prim_path)
Boost.Python.ArgumentError: Python argument types in
    None.GetPrimAtPath(Stage, NoneType)
did not match C++ signature:
    GetPrimAtPath(pxrInternal_v0_20__pxrReserved__::UsdStage {lvalue}, pxrInternal_v0_20__pxrReserved__::SdfPath path)

Basically almost everything is failing to load from the examples. I can’t be the only sucker experiencing this. Right? I so rapidly loosing faith in NVIDIA.

Can you please make sure that the /Isaac folder is available on your localhost installed nucleus server?
https://docs.omniverse.nvidia.com/app_isaacsim/app_isaacsim/install_basic.html#isaac-sim-first-run

If none of the examples are working you might not have the assets installed correctly.

I literally did that and the omniverse see’s that its okay during the check.

Did you have a /Isaac folder from a previous version of isaac sim, or did you download a clean copy after installing 2021.2.0?

I believe it’s clean as I just completed the steps today.

Can I simply create a clean /Isaac folder and paste the assets zip folder in?

If you open the following file:
omniverse://localhost/Isaac/Environments/Grid/default_environment.usd

Does it load?

1 Like

Alternatively you can delete your /Isaac folder from the localhost nucleus and add the read only mount version:
https://docs.omniverse.nvidia.com/app_isaacsim/app_isaacsim/install_faq.html#adding-sample-assets-via-mount

2 Likes

The Isaac folder is empty. Removed the /Isaac folder and hit the download assets button but nothing seems to be happening.

Can you go to:
http://localhost:3080/
Stop cache and then try downloading?

1 Like

It’s downloading. Will report back once completed.

Thanks @clayton.allen.ks, your help in debugging this is extremely appreciated.
We’re seeing some issues with cache interfering with the initial download and looking into a way to fix as soon as possible.

The mount alternative:
https://docs.omniverse.nvidia.com/app_isaacsim/app_isaacsim/install_faq.html#adding-sample-assets-via-mount

is another potential option to workaround this issue.

Success! The demos are working now. I will resume going through the docs to learn how to utilize the Isaac Sim with my Docker running the SDK now.

Cheers,

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.