rviz on jetson tk1

Hello all! I am having a problem getting rviz to work in my jetson tk1. I am getting the following error when I roslaunch the .launch file that we use:

[rviz_desktop-2] process has died [pid 11126, exit code -7, cmd /opt/ros/indigo/lib/rqt_rviz/rqt_rviz -d /home/ubuntu/enterprise_ws/src/mst_control/vcg/Enterprise.rviz __name:=rviz_desktop __log:=/home/ubuntu/.ros/log/e81b465c-b94b-11e4-a101-00044b26fcd3/rviz_desktop-2.log].
log file: /home/ubuntu/.ros/log/e81b465c-b94b-11e4-a101-00044b26fcd3/rviz_desktop-2*.log

And of course, rviz doesn’t work. I’ve already done the following and added to my ~.bash.src file:

unset GTK_IM_MODULE

I had to do that for rviz to work just by starting roscore and ros running rviz. I can rosrun rviz, but for our purposes, launching it from the launch file is troublesome. mst_control and Enterprise are our packages and names, fyi. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much!

Can you post the logs?

I’m away from the jetson board for the night. I will post them tomorrow though (around 2:30 or 3 P.M.). Thanks!

I tried to view the log file. I go into /home/ubuntu/.ros/log/e81b465c-b94b-11e4-a101-00044b26fcd3/
and I find the log file “rviz_desktop-2-stdout.log”, but when I open it (with gedit), I see nothing in the file.

Post this as a question on ROS answers, i believe ahendrix is the person who put that fix for unset GTK_IM_MODULE, but not sure.

I am running rosrun rviz rviz and I get segmentation fault, any ideas?
I too have unset the variable in bashrc

Its running fine now, after I restarted it the next morning, strange