SDK Manager install JetPack 4.3 on Jetson nano failed

When I changed the Target OS from JetPack 4.4 to Linux JetPack 4.3 and install the host and target components from SDK Manager. It failed at:

1. Host: VisionWorks on Host

2. Target:

1. Computer Vision: VPI

2. Nvidia Container Runtime.

How can I sort it out?
Thanks

Hi changwen,

Can you please zip the ~/.nvsdkm directory and attach it here for more investigation? It contains the installation logs.

Hi Edward,
Log file uploaded.

Thanks
Changwen

SDKM_logs_JetPack_4.3_Linux_for_Jetson_Nano_4.3_2020-08-26_18-04-03.zip (202.0 KB)

Hi changwen,

Host: VisionWorks on Host

Please remove all visionworks components from host, then retry.
You could use dpkg -l | grep visionworks command to list all existing visionworks packages. And use sudo apt purge <visionworks_package> command to purge them.

Target:
Computer Vision: VPI 
Nvidia Container Runtime.

It seems that not all packages are from JetPack 4.3, for example, we could see following error log:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
nvidia-container-csv-visionworks : Depends: libvisionworks (= 1.6.0.500n) but 1.6.0.501 is to be installed
vpi-dev : Depends: vpi (= 0.3.7) but 0.1.0 is to be installed

Please make sure to flash Jetson Nano, and install all target components from JetPack 4.3. In other words, you cannot install some of the packages from JetPack 4.4, while install other packages from JetPack 4.3. This will cause compatibility issues.

Hi
Thank you for your kind reply.
I reinstalled my host machine Ubuntu 18.04 and then installed SDKManager. Selected JetPack 4.3. Flashed the SD card from SDKManager and install all the components to host and target.
Install to host successfully, but failed on install components to target. Retry install the target components, successfully. The attached log file is after failed the installation of components to target.
SDKM_logs_JetPack_4.3_Linux_for_Jetson_Nano_[developer_kit_version]_2020-08-28_10-15-36.zip (254.5 KB)

I did another test by flashing the SD image extracted from nv-jetson-nano-sd-card-image-r32.3.1.zip by using Etcher tool. And then Install the components only to target from SDKManager. The installation failed no matter how many number of retrying. Can I say to install the components must use the image generated from SDKManager? Otherwise, the components installation on target will fail.

Thanks.

Hi changwen,

The reinstall issue with SDK Manager is a bug. We’ll fix the issue later.

For the issue with Etcher tool, yes, if you want to install target components with SDK Manager, you must flash device with SDK Manager. The target image and target components must come from the same JetPack version.

Thank you.

Hi
Thank you very much to clarify it.
Kind Regards

Changwen

I can’t install SDKmanager. Here is the output. Please help I would like to move forward with my Nano asap.

sudo apt install ./sdkmanager_1.2.0-6738_amd64.deb
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
Note, selecting ‘sdkmanager:amd64’ instead of ‘./sdkmanager_1.2.0-6738_amd64.deb’
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

sdkmanager:amd64 : Depends: libgconf-2-4:amd64 but it is not installable
Depends: libcanberra-gtk-module:amd64 but it is not installable
Depends: locales:amd64 but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

I’m attempting the install for SDK manager on Jetson Nano. I have followed many of the steps in ‘2 days to a demo’ and everything worked fine. I have done a

sudo apt full-upgrade

so my Nano is up-to-date. Can understand how to resolve the apparent dependency issues above. Any help much appreciated.

Hi
Are you installed SDK Manager on Jest Nano, i.e. the SD card instead of the Host machine?

I have installed Ubuntu 18.04 on SD card. It’s fully updated.
Should be no problem there.

My problem is that install of SDK manager fails. I haven’t got to installing any software like JetPack yet because SDK manager is used to get that software.

So, your Jetson Nano is working as a Host instead of a target, is it? Have you checked, if all the components are installed on Jetson Nano:
CUDA
Computer vision
Nvidia container runtime
AI
Multi-meadia

ok. I got.

As far as I know, all those software are installed via SDK manager. Until I install SDK manager, I can’t move forward. This is a really basic step. I’ve downloaded the latest version of SDK manager from the link on the Jetson Nano download page. Have a look at the output file. I says there are dependency issues.

sudo apt install ./sdkmanager_1.2.0-6738_amd64.deb
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
Note, selecting ‘sdkmanager:amd64’ instead of ‘./sdkmanager_1.2.0-6738_amd64.deb’
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

sdkmanager:amd64 : Depends: libgconf-2-4:amd64 but it is not installable
Depends: libcanberra-gtk-module:amd64 but it is not installable
Depends: locales:amd64 but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Hi bryce,

Can you please check why the above three packages cannot be installed on your host machine? In other words, what’s the output of the following commands?
sudo apt update
sudo apt install libgconf-2-4
sudo apt install libcanberra-gtk-module
sudo apt install locales