I’m trying to reflash my Jetson Nano with JetPack 4.5.1 from the NVIDIA SDK Manager, but I’m getting a warning that the Flash Jetson OS from the Target Components is being skipped.
I am using a Jetson Nano production module (eMMC, no SD card).
During the beginning of installation, everything seems to proceed without issue, but eventually the target hardware automatically disconnects and causes installation to fail (temporarily). These are the steps I took:
- The Jetson Nano is put into Forced Recovery Mode by connecting the appropriate pins and confirmed on the host PC with
lsusbshowing the Nvidia Corp. device
- The Jetson Nano production module is detected automatically by the SDK Manager
- The Jetson Nano is selected in the Hardware Configuration options (Host is not selected)
- JetPack 4.5.1 (rev 1) is selected from in the JetPack version options
- The download destination folder on Host is set, and downloads start
- Downloads begin for all components except for Flash Jetson OS (“Flash Pending…”)
- Downloads complete for SDK components; Jetson OS image says “Creating OS Image”, then “OS image ready”; Flash Jetson OS still says “Flash Pending”
- When SDK Manager flash window appears (“SDK Manager is about to flash your Jetson Nano module”), Manual Setup is selected
Here is where the errors begin:
9. When the Jetson Nano (still connected to the host computer and still in Forced Recovery mode with joined pins) boots up on its own monitor to begin the System Configuration Wizard, the SDK Manager pops a warning window titled “Installation Failed, Could not detect target hardware”, and the status of all SDK Components and Flash Jetson OS is “Error”
10. On the Jetson Nano, I complete the System Configuration Wizard to set the username and password, then select the “Retry Failed Items” (logs were exported here, called FAILED in attachments below)
11. Immediately, the status of all SDK Components becomes “Install Pending”, the status of Flash Jetson OS becomes “Flash Jetson OS Skipped”, and the SDK Manager popup window titled “SDK Manager is about to install SDK components on your Jetson Nano module” appears and accepts the username and password set in the System Configuration Wizard.
12. Installation completes on the SDK Manager, and eventually displays the green “Installation Completed Successfully” above the yellow “Flash Jetson OS skipped” (logs were exported here, called FINISHED in attachments below)
Exiting the SDK Manager and logging into the Jetson Nano, I checked the tegra release version with the command
cat /etc/nv_tegra_release and the JetPack version with
sudo apt-cache show nvidia-jetpack.
Tegra version, post-install:
# R32 (release), REVISION: 5.1, GCID: 26202423, BOARD: t210ref, EABI: aarch64, DATE: Fri Feb 19 16:45:52 UTC 2021
JetPack Version, post-install:
Package: nvidia-jetpack Version: 4.5.1-b17 Architecture: arm64 Maintainer: NVIDIA Corporation Installed-Size: 194 Depends: nvidia-cuda (= 4.5.1-b17), nvidia-opencv (= 4.5.1-b17), nvidia-cudnn8 (= 4.5.1-b17), nvidia-tensorrt (= 4.5.1-b17), nvidia-visionworks (= 4.5.1-b17), nvidia-container (= 4.5.1-b17), nvidia-vpi (= 4.5.1-b17), nvidia-l4t-jetson-multimedia-api (>> 32.5-0), nvidia-l4t-jetson-multimedia-api (<< 32.6-0) Homepage: http://developer.nvidia.com/jetson Priority: standard Section: metapackages Filename: pool/main/n/nvidia-jetpack/nvidia-jetpack_4.5.1-b17_arm64.deb Size: 29390 SHA256: 13c10e9a53ec51c261ce188d626966dfca27f26b2ed94ba700147c1ba3e35399 SHA1: 81047a7779241bbf16763dbd1c4c12cf8c9d0496 MD5sum: 54916439514f39af5234b3a43e329910 Description: NVIDIA Jetpack Meta Package Description-md5: ad1462289bdbc54909ae109d1d32c0a8 Package: nvidia-jetpack Version: 4.5-b129 Architecture: arm64 Maintainer: NVIDIA Corporation Installed-Size: 194 Depends: nvidia-cuda (= 4.5-b129), nvidia-opencv (= 4.5-b129), nvidia-cudnn8 (= 4.5-b129), nvidia-tensorrt (= 4.5-b129), nvidia-visionworks (= 4.5-b129), nvidia-container (= 4.5-b129), nvidia-vpi (= 4.5-b129), nvidia-l4t-jetson-multimedia-api (>> 32.5-0), nvidia-l4t-jetson-multimedia-api (<< 32.6-0) Homepage: http://developer.nvidia.com/jetson Priority: standard Section: metapackages Filename: pool/main/n/nvidia-jetpack/nvidia-jetpack_4.5-b129_arm64.deb Size: 29358 SHA256: 9ee354a66d932a3fbb244c926f333143a845c627c6981d108e01df2958ac462c SHA1: 0e07f27c6fb9e34a70c69ae1150d1e578e938089 MD5sum: a551bbc8ff653c8983ce1804082bbcab Description: NVIDIA Jetpack Meta Package Description-md5: ad1462289bdbc54909ae109d1d32c0a8
Ultimately, I’m not sure what effect the interrupt and the “Flash Jetson OS Skipped” had on the installation. The same error appears each time I try to re-flash 4.5.1, but never appears when flashing other versions of JetPack (ex. 4.6.1). Is this something that can be corrected, or is it a non-issue?