Sdkmanager_1.1.0-6343_amd64 failed to install on Ununtu 64

Hello All,

I am finding an issue while trying to install SDK Manager on Ubuntu 16.04 over x86_64 bit processor.

Below is the error message that i am get after extracting the “sdkmanager_1.1.0-6343_amd64.deb” and running sdkmanager terminal.

<<<< Error Starts >>>>
sdkmanager
/snapshot/main/node_modules/sql.js/js/sql.js:5
1<process.argv.length?process.argv[1].replace(/\/g,“/”):“unknown-program”);f.arguments=process.argv.slice(2);“undefined”!==typeof module&&(module.exports=f);process.on(“uncaughtException”,function(a){if(!(a instanceof ka))throw a;});f.inspect=function(){return"[Emscripten Module object]“}}else if(fa)f.print||(f.print=print),“undefined”!=typeof printErr&&(f.printErr=printErr),f.read=“undefined”!=typeof read?read:function(){throw"no read() available (jsc?)”;},f.readBinary=function(a){if(“function”===
^

Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, unlink ‘/tmp/sdkmanager.sock’
at Object.unlinkSync (fs.js:1052:3)
at Socket. (/snapshot/main/headless.bundle.js)
at Socket.emit (events.js:311:20)
at emitErrorNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:92:8)
at emitErrorAndCloseNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:60:3)
at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:84:21) {
errno: -1,
syscall: ‘unlink’,
code: ‘EPERM’,
path: ‘/tmp/sdkmanager.sock’
}

<<<< Error Ends >>>>

2 Likes

I’m having the exact same issue.

One would expect Nvidia engineers to have tested the sdkmanager install on the Xavier AGX before releasing the sdkmanager_1.2.0-6733_amd64.deb
to developers.

uname -a
Linux ubuntu 5.3.0-28-generic #30~18.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jan 17 06:14:09 UTC 2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I’m growing increasingly frustrated with these unprofessional errors caused by inaccurate documentation and untested packages.

1 Like

Same issue in version 1.2

Just remove the file ‘/tmp/sdkmanager.sock’ and works

Removing /tmp/sdkmanager.sock gets past the first error works, however on Debian I get the error:

[25699:0719/123955.108391:FATAL:setuid_sandbox_host.cc(157)] The SUID sandbox helper binary was found, but is not configured correctly. Rather than run without sandboxing I'm aborting now. You need to make sure that /opt/nvidia/sdkmanager/chrome-sandbox is owned by root and has mode 4755.

Fixed with running which sdkmanager and then sudo chmod 4755 /usr/bin/sdkmanager (/usr/bin/sdkmanager being the install location).

However I now fail with:

sdkmanager 
/opt/nvidia/sdkmanager/sdkmanager-gui: error while loading shared libraries: libffmpeg.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I ensured the install has all dependencies by running sudo apt install -f after I ran sudo dpkg -i package. Also ensured I have ffmpeg installed

1 Like

I came across this post and, for what it’s worth, I have never had luck with the sdkmanager. I end up just following the manual instructions here - Welcome — Jetson Linux<br/>Developer Guide 34.1 documentation. The documentation is still subpar considering this is a commercial product that Nvidia, I’m assuming, hopes will help them to sell more hardware. However, I was successful in setting up the rootfs and flashing my TX1 Dev Kit in ~20 minutes vs. repeated trial-and-error with the sdkmanager (and ultimately giving up)

If someone from Nvidia is reading this, your product team has a serious problem here. I don’t know how anyone does anything with this hardware based on the available unorganized and incomplete documentation for setting up and working with these Jetson dev kits. It’s easier to setup an UltraScale+ MpSoC than a Jetson board.