Sekonix camera image rectification

Please provide the following info (check/uncheck the boxes after clicking “+ Create Topic”):
Software Version
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0 and DriveWorks 3.5
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 10.0 (Linux)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 9.0 (Linux)
other DRIVE OS version
other

Target Operating System
Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Pegasus DevKit (E3550)
other

SDK Manager Version
other

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu 18.04
other

Hello,
I would like to get rectified images from my sekonix cameras. I have calibrated the cameras and I have the RIG files.

In my driver I get the jpg data with NvMediaIJPEGetBits so ideally I would need to get undistorted jpg frames. How can I do that ?

I tried to look in the documentation or the samples but I couldn’t find it.

Is this possible ?

Also, why does NvMediaIJPEGetBits is not in the documentation of NVIDIA DRIVE OS 5.2 Linux SDK Developer Guide ?

Thanks !

Hi @maxandre.ogeret ,

Please refer to DriveWorks SDK Reference: Video Rectification Sample. Thanks.

@VickNV Thanks for your answer.

Is it possible to use the plumb_bob model instead of the ftheta model ?

We use the ROS plumb bob model with an 3x3 intrinsic camera matrix K

#     [fx  0 cx]
# K = [ 0 fy cy]
#     [ 0  0  1]

And 5 distortion parameters :

(k1, k2, t1, t2, k3)

Thanks !

In your first post, wasn’t your camera calibrated with DriveWorks SDK Reference: Camera Calibration Tools? How did you get the plumb_bob model?

We have generated the calibration file with the DriveWorks SDK Reference: Camera Calibration Tools which gave us RIG files containing the ftheta model.
But we have also calibrated with the ROS calibration tool which uses a plumb bob model. I wanted to know if it is also possible to use the plumb bob model to rectify the images.

We never try it. You may take a look at the parameters of the Pinhole camera model in /usr/local/driveworks-3.5/data/samples/stereo/full.json on your host system (installed with DriveWorks 3.5) and see if helps on your problem.