Syntax Error when using adafruit_servokit

im trying to turn a servo with a PCA9685 board following a tutorial and when i run the code:

from adafruit_servokit import ServoKit
myKit=ServoKit(channels=16)
myKit.servo[0].angle=90

i get a syntax error:

katyusha@katyusha-desktop:~/Desktop/programong$ /usr/bin/python3 /home/katyusha/Desktop/programong/test.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/katyusha/Desktop/programong/test.py", line 1, in <module>
    from adafruit_servokit import ServoKit
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/adafruit_servokit.py", line 36, in <module>
    from adafruit_pca9685 import PCA9685
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/adafruit_pca9685.py", line 39, in <module>
    from adafruit_register.i2c_struct import UnaryStruct
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/adafruit_register/i2c_struct.py", line 22, in <module>
    from circuitpython_typing.device_drivers import I2CDeviceDriver
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/circuitpython_typing/__init__.py", line 79
    def read(self, count: Optional[int] = None, /) -> Optional[bytes]:
                                                ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
Exiting... 
Cleaning up pins

Any ideas?

Sorry for the late response.
Is this still an issue to support? Any result can be shared?

Are you using the devkit or custom board for Jetson Nano?
What’s your Jetpack version in use?

It seems the error coming from your python script (test.py).
Please also request your vendor of PCA9685 for the detailed steps to setup/run the script.

Im using the developer kit, test.py is the 3 lines of code I provided in the first post, I’ll try getting new PCA9685 boards from a trusted seller as i bought mine quite a while ago, but i’m not sure that would cause a syntax error.

Edit: The problem seems to have gone away. The only thing I remember changing is getting Jetpack version 4.6-b197 from Pytorch I believe and repeating Paul McWhorter’s tutorial again.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.