TCC Setup - Unable to set driver model for GPU **** Not supported Treating as warning and moving on All Done

Hello I have a Dell Precision 7920 with dual Xeon Processors, 192 GBs Ram, and 2 - Nvidia RTX A6000 cards NVLink together.

When I try to install a 3rd graphic card, for example a Nvidia QTX1050DE just for Output as I try to set the A6000 cards to TCC mode my computer starts using the driver for this card and my A6000 cards disable due to driver issue in device manager.

If I try to set the A6000 cards to TCC mode I get the following message. Unable to set driver model for GPU **** Not supported Treating as warning and moving on All Done.

Does this mean it the TCC mode setup worked or not? Why is my system not loading the drivers for the A6000 when the other card is installed?

2 Likes

I have similar issue with DELL 7920 Dual Xeon 256GB RAM, 2*RTX-A6000 + NVLink and NVMe boot drive.
Installing 3rd Display card burned the board and one of A6000, that were replaced by warranty.

Tried to remove the NVLink, set only one RTX A6000 (the one without any monitor connected) to TCC. The workstation refuse booting any OS and after some timeout drops to BIOS. The only way to get back is to remove the TCC card, install it as a secondary video adapter in HP Z4 Windows 10 workstation, that BTW works fine, reconfigure it to WDDM back and re-install in DELL.

All drivers, firmware is updated to the latest versions.