I am trying to run a tensorflow-based application (I’d prefer in docker, but it’s not strictly necessary) on a NVIDIA DRIVE PX2 (AUTOCHAUFFEUR).
I know that there are many threads about this topic, but I’ve found them a little confusing and would like to recap here the various solutions (if actually there is any)
- Download a docker image with preinstalled tensorflow (document : `TENSORFLOW R1.0 DOCKER CONTAINER FOR DRIVE PX 2`
ISSUE: the specific version of tensorflow wrapped within that image requires CUDA 8, while my PX2 OS version is 5.0.5, which comes with CUDA 8
- Does this image require to be launched by means of `nvidia-docker`
- Is nvidia-docker available for aarch64 ?
- Is it possible do downgrade the cuda version or should I flash the drive with an older version of the OS ?
- In some discussions is referred the the following topic:
where it is possible to manually download a tensorflow wheel package
- Is this package providing GPU-accelerated computation (similarly to the `tensorflow-gpu` package on x86)?
- Is this package "official" to any extent ?
- somewhere in the forum is also mentioned the following command
`pip3 install --extra-index-url https://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/redist/jp33 tensorflow-gpu`
ISSUE: this is not working on my system (can't find the package, it says)
- Is this package supposed to work on PX2? Seems to me that it is for a different platform, but so is the one mentioned within the previous bulletpoint, which is suggested by the nvidia forum moderators
- What's the difference respect to the package to be manually downloaded, described in the previous bullet-point ?
- TensorRT, I couldn't understand exactly what this consists in and what it entails, any link/info would be appreciated. If I didn't get it wrong, it allows to convert a tensorflow model to a different (nvidia proprietary? ) standard: would that mean that all the python code built around the tensorflow model have to be replaced or the two would be somehow interchangeable ?
Could somebody address these doubts ?