"The breakpoint will not currently be hit..."

I’ve started using the new drivers (3.2) a couple of days ago, and i’ve ran into trouble. After trying to run my project in EmuDebug mode, breakpoints were automatically disabled with a message: “The breakpoint will not currently be hit, no symbols have been loaded for this document”. I can imagine that this is quite common, but i’m unable to find a working solution. Again, i apologize if i’m posting in the wrong room, or if my search techniques have failed me.

thank you.

I’ve started using the new drivers (3.2) a couple of days ago, and i’ve ran into trouble. After trying to run my project in EmuDebug mode, breakpoints were automatically disabled with a message: “The breakpoint will not currently be hit, no symbols have been loaded for this document”. I can imagine that this is quite common, but i’m unable to find a working solution. Again, i apologize if i’m posting in the wrong room, or if my search techniques have failed me.

thank you.

Emulation mode was removed in CUDA 3.1. Debugging of device code now requires Parallel Nsight (or cuda-gdb on Linux).

Emulation mode was removed in CUDA 3.1. Debugging of device code now requires Parallel Nsight (or cuda-gdb on Linux).

Seriously!? Emulation mode was such a useful tool to me. Anyways, thank you very much for the reply seibert. I’ve taken a year off CUDA, and all kinds of interesting things happen.

Thanks again.

Seriously!? Emulation mode was such a useful tool to me. Anyways, thank you very much for the reply seibert. I’ve taken a year off CUDA, and all kinds of interesting things happen.

Thanks again.