the multimedia sample named camera_v4l2_cuda

Hi:
I want to know where I can get the multimedia sample named camera_v4l2_cuda.
I can not find it in the tegra_multimedia_api of Jetpack 3.0, which only have 12 samples.

Thanks!

Hi WZ,
PLease refer to
https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/984850/jetson-tx1/how-to-convert-yuv-to-jpg-using-jpeg-encoder-hardware-/post/5048479/#5048479
https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/999493/jetson-tx1/nvidia-multimedia-apis-with-uyvy-sensor/post/5117049/#5117049

Hi DaneLLL,
I want to use a USB camera based on the the multimedia sample named camera_v4l2_cuda, but I found that I can not use the parameter to change anything and the size of display is wrong. What should I do?

Thanks!

Hi DaneLLL,
I want to use a USB camera based on the the multimedia sample named camera_v4l2_cuda, but I found that I can not use the parameter to change anything and the size of display is wrong. What should I do?

ubuntu@tegra-ubuntu:~/tegra_multimedia_api/samples/12_camera_v4l2_cuda_video_encode$ ./camera_v4l2_cuda -d /dev/video0 -s 1920x1080
WARN: camera_initialize(): (line:245) The desired format is not supported
Failed to query video capabilities: Bad address
libv4l2_nvvidconv (0):(765) (INFO) : Allocating (4) OUTPUT PLANE BUFFERS Layout=0
libv4l2_nvvidconv (0):(775) (INFO) : Allocating (4) CAPTURE PLANE BUFFERS Layout=0
Failed to query video capabilities: Bad address
NvMMLiteOpen : Block : BlockType = 4 
===== MSENC =====
NvMMLiteBlockCreate : Block : BlockType = 4 
WARN: request_camera_buff(): (line:417) Camera v4l2 buf length is not expected
===== MSENC blits (mode: 1) into tiled surfaces =====

Thanks!

Hi WZ,
Please check your settings with v4l2-ctl. It is standard v4l2 interface and shall work fine if your setting is correct. From the log, your format is not supported by the camera:

WARN: camera_initialize(): (line:245) The desired format is not supported

Hi Dl,
My camera supports MJPEG output, so I’d like to ask which way I should choose to get the data stream and display.Did V4L2 is my only way to implement that? Did VIC only support to convert YUV442M to YUV440? And anywhere could I learn more about VIC?

My camera also supports YUYV output, but the multimedia sample named camera_v4l2_cuda did not work well on it. I also replaced some USB camera, and got the same results.

THANKS

Hi WZ,
YUYV is supported. What is your usb camera? We have verified the samples with Logitech c930e.

You can try gstreamer frameworks also:

Hi Dl,
My camera supports MJPEG output, so I’d like to ask which way I should choose to get the data stream and display.Could I used V4L2 to get the data stream and what to be used to display?

THANKS

Hi WZ,
We don’t support MJPEG in tegra_multimedia_api. Please use gstrreamer