Thermal Shutdown Disable

Hello, I have a question regarding the automatic shutdown of the TK1 device at excessive die temperatures. I understand that it is not a recommended practice but is it possible to configure the Jetson board such that the automatic thermal shutdown is disabled?

Thanks in advance!

Hi welshs16,

You can refer to Jetson wiki: http://elinux.org/Jetson/Thermal

Thanks

Hi kayccc,

Thank you but I have read the Thermal section of the Jetson wiki and yet I did not see anything regarding an answer to my question. It talks about how the device will throttle performance to reduce temperature but I am interested in how to disable all automatic thermal-depended device protection operations.

In other words, I would like the device to not change performance or shutdown due to high temperatures.

Thanks

Hi welshs16,

To disable all automatic thermal-depended device protection operations is not suggested as it may damage the chip itself, and violate the warranty.

Thanks

Hi kayccc,

I appreciate the help. I understand that disabling the chip’s temperature sensor risks damaging it and will violate the warranty. Nonetheless, I am still interested in doing this if it is possible. Therefore, I am still interested to know if someone knows how to do this for the Jetson TK1 board.

Thank you!

Hi welshs16,

Sorry, we can’t disclose more information as it may damage the chip itself, and violate the warranty.

Thanks