TX2 OpenCV Camera Nsight (Eclipse) debug issue

Hi,
i’ve try to find some similar posts but found nothing so if i miss some let moderator put my topic to the proper place.

I have simple camera application (USB camera connected to TX2 platform). Task is simple, grab single frame. Everything works fine (debug build and release build), BUT when i try to start remote debug session t crushes on grab frame line (all source before, not related to OpenCV and even related one (f.e. VideoCapture initialization) works just fine, but frame grab cause immediate exception (_dl_catch_exception() ). This make impossible to debug camera application routine in native way.

Is any ideas why this behavior appears?

PS. Maybe this is about SSH permission for camera access (usually -X uses for SSH connection but i haven’t found this option to be set in Nsight Ecllipse GUI. Root user ssh access didn’t solve the issue.

Hi,

You can set -X option inside the Nsight.
→ Properties
→ Run/Debug Setting
→ double click the item
→ Remote
→ Remote connection

Please help to give it a try.
Thanks.

Hi AastaLLL,
Remove connection settings are the same as for build configuration settings. Remove connection “manage” contain only Host name, user name, label (host name + user name) and system type (SSH) with port number 22. Can you please specify field name where i should paste -X option

Tnx

Hi AastaLLL, can you please describe more specifically about settings you suggested?
Tnx

Hi,

Could you try if you can add the option on label field?
Ex.Label: -X nvidia@[IP]

Another workaround is to use local display instead of forwarding.

export DISPLAY=:0

Thanks.

Hi AastaLLL
tnx for the answer, it’s been a while since my last visit
you wrote:

No change, debug session still fail during OpenCV VideoCapture() initialization

m_pCaptureDevice = new VideoCapture(“nvarguscamerasrc sensor-id=0 ! video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), width=(int)1920, height=(int)1080, format=(string)NV12, framerate=(fraction)30/1 ! nvvidconv ! video/x-raw, format=(string)BGRx ! videoconvert ! video/x-raw, format=(string)BGR ! appsink”, CAP_GSTREAMER);

Can you provide some simple example to debug session test?

Hi,

Sorry for the late update.
Let us check the detail steps in our environment and then update with you.

Thanks.

Hi,

Sorry for the late update.

Although the argument can be set, the Window cannot be redirect to the remote system due to X forwarding issue.
Do you mind to use the file as output instead.

Thanks.