Ubuntu 20.04 LTS not reconizing nvidea MX250

Hi, my SO Ubuntu 20,.04 don’t reconize the nvidea driver 470

ERROR: NVIDIA driver is not loaded

ERROR: Unable to load info from any available system

(nvidia-settings:18050): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 18:18:21.611: g_object_unref: assertion ‘G_IS_OBJECT (object)’ failed
** Message: 18:18:21.637: PRIME: Usage: /usr/bin/prime-select nvidia|intel|on-demand|query
** Message: 18:18:21.637: PRIME: is “on-demand” mode supported? yes

Hello @tomascamarques and welcome to the NVIDIA developer forums.

I recommend you re-install the driver that you can find on our Driver Download pages, closely following the instructions found in the Linux driver README.

Make sure that you have purged all other drivers for the dedicated NVIDIA GPU in the process.

I hope that helps!

Markus

I would not recommend using the .run file installer on Ubuntu. They have the driver packaged and tailored for their distro.
Installation either through their software interface or by the graphics drivers ppa.
Looks like you configured PRIME on-demand aka render-offload.
Read here how to use it:
https://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64/470.74/README/primerenderoffload.html
Use nvidia-smi to see if the driver recognizes the GPU. lsmod|grep nvidia to see if the driver is loaded.
Maybe you actually want to use display-offloading:
https://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64/470.74/README/randr14.html
sudo prime-select nvidia followed by sudo update-initramfs -u and reboot to activate that.

Hi Mart.
Actually, I solved it by inactivating the UEFI security boot. I didn’t try the path that you suggested.
I think the security boot was preventing the Ubuntu to recognize the driver.

With secure boot enabled you would have to sign the driver modules and put that key into MOK. Otherwise it won’t be loaded.