Ubuntu use offical nvidia driver issue

I found the nvidia offcial driver with x-server will got an login loop issue in ubutu 18.04 in another case below.

Use the unbuntu drvier will be fine.However, the gpu display is not enabled so I cant use deepstream

Here is my Xorg.0.log.
Xorg.0.log (27.5 KB)

nvidia x server settings miss something

I found another place abnormally: Bus ID show 23:0:0 in Nvidia X Server Settings
but Bus ID show 17:0:0 in inxi -SMCGx

Bus ID show 23:0:0 in Nvidia X Server Settings
but Bus ID show 17:0:0 in inxi -SMCGx

Xserver uses decimal values, lspci (used by inxi) uses hex values. 23dec=17hex.

Please try disabling your aspeed server graphics in bios or create /etc/X11/xorg.conf with only contents

Section "Device"
  Identifier "nvidia"
  Driver "nvidia"
  BusID "PCI:23:0:0"
EndSection

It explains the matter.
I change the bios display Auto ,Onboard to PCIE and create the xorg.conf file
But stuck in login ,not loop just can’t enter system.

nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (296.0 KB)
Here is my report file,Sir

Between your initial xorg log and the last nvidia-bug-report.log, you changed driver install and method, also created additional config and lost file paths.
Please uninstall the runfile driver again, and reinstall the driver from repo. Then delete /etc/X11/xorg.conf and also any other .conf file in that directory and create /etc/X11/Xorg.conf.d/10-nvidia-primary.conf containing

Section "OutputClass"
    Identifier "nvidia"
    MatchDriver "nvidia-drm"
    Driver "nvidia"
    Option "AllowEmptyInitialConfiguration"
    Option "PrimaryGpu" "yes"
    ModulePath "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/nvidia/xorg"
    ModulePath "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
EndSection
1 Like

The issue seems to have been solved. After using repo to install the driver, I manually created xorg.conf file with your recommand.Sir,there is one small detail,**inxi -SMGCx **show driver loading FAILED:,but the system display is fine.

Please create a new nvidia-bug-report.log if I should take a look.

OK,It‘s my anohter server.In order to solve the problem, I reinstalled the driver many times with different method.
So there may be a little more content.Thank you for help,Sir!
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (430.2 KB)

Seems to be running fine now.

Yes,Just a little query,.Because the other server is consistent on both sides

The aspeed which would use the modesetting driver is disabled by the nvidia config file. I don’t know why there’s a FAILED printed by inxi. Does the other server Still display the aspeed graphics in inxi?

The other server display drvier with nvidia in inxi.but It does not affect the use, just displays fail