[UE4.26] [NvRTX_Caustics-4.26] Make Errors on Different Machines

I’ve read everything I could find pertaining to building the RTX branches of UE, but have been struggling for a week to build this. All of the commands under Building and running end with similar errors. I documented build errors from 4.25 here. In Linux I’m receiving this make error when building the NvRTX_Caustics-4.26 branch. On a different machine running Windows, VS showed 5 build errors in total. Disclaimer, the Windows box doesn’t have a GPU but the Linux machine has a 3090 with current drivers, and both build various UE4 branches without issues. One observation… I don’t have specific desktop software from nVidia though, just the drivers and cuda… could that be an issue?

Searching the forums, I don’t see anyone else with this issue, and this isn’t my first rodeo with building from source. I’ve built many branches of UE, and other programs all the way down to custom Linux kernels for diskless nodes that boot from NFS drives.

What could be the fix?

[2/613] Compile Module.Engine.35_of_48.cpp
In file included from /mnt/2.26/Engine/Intermediate/Build/Linux/B4D820EA/UE4Editor/Development/Engine/Module.Engine.11_of_48.cpp:11:
/mnt/2.26/Engine/Source/Runtime/Engine/Private/Components/LightComponent.cpp:321:4: error: field ‘bTiledDeferredLightingSupported’ will be initialized after field ‘bAffectWaterCaustics’ [-Werror,-Wreorder-ctor]
, bTiledDeferredLightingSupported(false)
^

Ubunbtu Linux Kernel 5.4.0-66-generic
NVIDIA Driver Version: 460.73.01
CUDA Version: 11.2, and an RTX 3090

Thanks for any insight :)

I didn’t solve this, but was successful in building it using a windows gaming desktop and nVidia’s desktop software pre-installed