We are trying to get a Quadro 4000 card running in a Mac Pro. This machine previously had a GTX 285 in it that ran correctly. This Mac Pro was purchased in May of 2010, so it should definitely be recent enough to support this card. We have tried/done the following:
- Updated the CUDA drivers to the latest versions available.
- Removed the drivers, then reinstalled them.
- Reinstalled Mac OSX with the GT120 video card, then updated to 10.6.5, then installed the CUDA drivers, then installed the card.
- Put in only the Quadro 4000 card.
- Put in the Quadro and GT 120 card.
There have also been numerous reboots along the way. The card is always detected as a display adapter just fine in the System Information panel. The CUDA applet in System Preferences never gives us the ability to update the driver, so it thinks that we must be at the latest version. It outputs to the screen correctly and does that part just fine. The problem is that the second entry in the System Information panel will never say that the driver is loaded. We have also installed the toolkit, as well. All of these installations complete without any errors occurring.
Any help appreciated, as we appear to be running out of options quickly.