Unable to launch Chat With RTX - Environment with 'env_nvd_rag' not found

Ive tried installing reinstalling several times but cannot get past this error.
Tried installing miniconda again …reinstalling as admin but again no dice.

Anyone know why im getting this error and how i can fix it?

Environment with ‘env_nvd_rag’ not found.
Press any key to continue . . .

i had the same issue. You need to visit C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\NVIDIA\ChatWithRTX\RAG\trt-llm-rag-windows-main and edit app_launch.bat. You can open windows powershell to try the command “conda env list”. if you cannot find any info about ‘env_nvd_rag’, you could try another command “conda info”. then if you can find 'env_nvd_rag’, you could replance “conda.exe env list” with “conda.exe info” in app_launch.bat

1 Like

When I type conda env list or conda info into PowerShell, it says: conda : The term ‘conda’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check t
he spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

hi i had the same error and its related to setting path. It can get complicated so i just reinstalled miniconda and during install make sure to check the “set path” option. I then uninstalled and renistalled ChatwithRTX and its now working.

I have the same problem but this has to do with me installing chat with RTX while logged in as user A, but now when logged as user B (through RDP), things go south when launching it.
I must have accidentally installed it for the user (A) rather than on the machine (if there ever was such an option, I can’t remember).

What fixed it for me was going into “C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\NVIDIA\ChatWithRTX\RAG\trt-llm-rag-windows-main and edit app_launch.bat” and opening it in notepad.

Somewhere it says set “env_path_found=” but it doesn’t have a path specified. Go to your folders and find the env_nvd_rag folder and copy the Path. For me this was “C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\NVIDIA\ChatWithRTX\env_nvd_rag” and paste it after the = symbol to create “env_path_found=C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\NVIDIA\ChatWithRTX\env_nvd_rag” and save the app_launch.bat with the newly added path and you’re good to go.