Unable to perform shader debugging or use pixel history when running locally

Hello! I’m new to the world of shader creation and debugging, but man is it exciting!

I’m writing a volume ray casting application using SharpDX, and DirectX 11. My Video card is a GeForce 9200 and it’s maximum feature level is 10_0, so I’ve made sure to set that feature level in my application code.

I’m writing my application in Visual Studio 2013 Community, and I’ve downloaded NSight Visual Studio edition.

Each time I go to run my application I get a warning from NSight saying “Shader Debugging and Pixel Hsitory is disabled when running locally.” Am I missing something? I thought you could run an application and debug it locally.

Admittedly, the driver version I’m using is 341.92 [the latest driver provided for NVidia for my card], and Nsight also says I should be running at least 343.98. So could that feature be disabled because I don’t meet the minimum driver specs?

Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi Grayme,

Your GPU is Geforce 9200, that’s old and only support up to d3d10. Unfortunately, Nsight don’t support D3D10 any more.

Thanks
An

So, what was the last version of Nsight that supported D3D10? I don’t mind trying to work with an older version.

Hi Grayme,

It should be Nsight 3.0. It’s an old version actually.

Thanks
An