Okay, so setting up Fan Speed has stopped working for me since version 460.67-1.
It all began when I upgraded from that to 465.24.02-01, and right now i just tried the newer 465.27-1 and the same happened, setting up fan speed always results in: “Failed to set new Fan Speed!”
I checked dmesg and journalctl and found nothing weird about drivers not loading on boot; actually i didn’t find any related errors at all, so after a long investigation on this i’ve decided this can be only Nvidia’s Driver fault.
Im switching back to 460.67-1 permanently. And good luck to nvidia managing to get me into buying a new GPU into the next year. I also tried to use several other kernels I had sitting in here, but nothing. Fallbacking to 460.67 seems to be the only solution so far.
I’ve already wasted a lot of time on this thinking it was either my rig’s fault or my Distro fault.
Here’s My Rig:
GTX 1050ti EVGA
Intel i5 2500k
16GB DDR3 1333Mhz
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (344.8 KB)