Unmet dependencies for cuda-driver Ubuntu 18 LTS on JetsonNano

Fresh install but something is not okay. I’m not sure how to proceed.

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
You might want to run 'apt --fix-broken install' to correct these.
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 cuda-drivers : Depends: libnvidia-compute-435 (>= 435.17.01) but it is not installed
                Depends: libnvidia-gl-435 (>= 435.17.01) but it is not installed
 libnvidia-decode-435 : Depends: libnvidia-compute-435 (= 435.17.01-0ubuntu1) but it is not installed
 libnvidia-ifr1-435 : Depends: libnvidia-gl-435 but it is not installed
 nvidia-compute-utils-435 : Depends: libnvidia-compute-435 but it is not installed
 nvidia-driver-435 : Depends: libnvidia-gl-435 (= 435.17.01-0ubuntu1) but it is not installed
                     Depends: libnvidia-compute-435 (= 435.17.01-0ubuntu1) but it is not installed
 nvidia-utils-435 : Depends: libnvidia-compute-435 but it is not installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt --fix-broken install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

Hi,
Please install through sdkmanager. It handles depency of all packages.

How do I download the jetson sdk manager? I can only find it here: https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-sdk-manager for the x86 arch which is the wrong one.

SDK Manager runs on a standard Linux PC. During flash or extra component install the Jetson is attached to the Ubuntu PC, so the SDKM itself does not have an arm64 version.

It is also possible to do the extra component install over ssh, since that’s what the usb connection is doing anyway. Simply use your Nano’s ip address on your network when prompted rather than the usb interface’s default ip address. You can skip the flashing step if you have already done so. In any case SDK Manager is currently required to install or even download these components. It’s GeForce Experience for developers, basically.

I am personally not a fan, but I’ve said enough on other threads about that. Hopefully in the future Nvidia will switch to an online apt repository so SDK Manager will not be as necessary as it is now. Supposedly this is in the works. Then you’ll be able to just “apt install whatever” and it’ll just work.

If you have already installed SDKManager on am Ubuntu machine or in an Ubuntu VM, and have downloaded the .deb packages for your board (location configured during installation), you can copy them over and install them as a glob with “dpkg -i *.deb” from within the folder with the .deb packages. Dpkg will sort out the dependencies itself if it’s fed enough files, either with wildcards or a list of filenames. Right now, however, it’s just simpler to use usb or ssh as recommended by DaneLLL.