USB camera not working

Hi,
I’m trying to connect my USB camera (Atlantis P015-U970HD) to a Jetson Nano 2GB following the tutorial at this page https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/learn/tutorials/first-picture-csi-usb-camera#CameraGuide-SupportedCameras

When I try to lanch the script nvgstcapture-1.0 --camsrc=0 --cap-dev-node= /dev/video0 I got this error:
ERROR on bus: by /GstPipeline:capture_native_pipeline/GstBin:cap_bin/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src0: Could not read from resource.
debug info:
gstv4l2bufferpool.c(1040): gst_v4l2_buffer_pool_poll (): /GstPipeline:capture_native_pipeline/GstBin:cap_bin/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src0:
poll error 1: Invalid argument (22)

Is there anyone that can help me please?

Thank you

Hi,
Please try the steps:
Jetson Nano FAQ
Q: I have a USB camera. How can I launch it on Jetson Nano?

Check if you can launch the camera in gstreamer pipeline.

Hi,
I’ve followed the FAQ, but when I run v4l2-ctl -d /dev/video1 I get Failed to open /dev/video1: No such file or directory. I’ve tried also with video0 and video2, the same,

Hi,
If the camera supports kernel UVC driver, you should see the device node present. Please re-plug the camera to either type-A port and check if there is new node:

$ ls /dev/video*

Ok,
I’ve got this message:
Setting pipeline to PAUSED …
Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL …
Setting pipeline to PLAYING …
New clock: GstSystemClock

What should I do?Nothing happen, but the terminal is still on working.

After sometime compare this message:

ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src0: Could not read from resource.
Additional debug info:
gstv4l2bufferpool.c(1040): gst_v4l2_buffer_pool_poll (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src0:
poll error 1: Invalid argument (22)
Execution ended after 0:00:34.541444459
Setting pipeline to PAUSED …
Setting pipeline to READY …
Setting pipeline to NULL …
Freeing pipeline …

@davide.bsc90,

When using a USB camera on a Nano the Donkey Car documentation recommends installing pygame by doing the following:

sudo apt-get install python-dev libsdl1.2-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev libsdl-ttf2.0-dev libsdl1.2-dev libsmpeg-dev python-numpy subversion libportmidi-dev ffmpeg libswscale-dev libavformat-dev libavcodec-dev libfreetype6-dev

pip install pygame

Might want to give it a shot if all else fails.

Regards,
TCIII