Using Basler Camera as Deepstream source

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) Jetson Nano
• DeepStream Version 6.1
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only) 4.6-b197
• TensorRT Version 8.0.1
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only)
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs) questions/new requirement
• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing)
• Requirement details( This is for new requirement. Including the module name-for which plugin or for which sample application, the function description) Basler Pylon (pylonsrc)

Hello,

I’m looking to use a Basler USB camera as a source for a YOLOv4 model in DeepStream. Seeing as Basler is listed as a partner camera and offers an embedded systems toolkit for the nano platform, is there a pre-built version of deepstream or a repository which has the code needed to use a pylonsrc source as a new enum in NvDsSourceType?

This has already been covered once on the forums here, but I’m hoping for a more clear instructional guide on how to perform this modification, or a version of DeepStream with this modification already done. Thank you very much for your help.

1 Like

As you know, there is already a plugin pylonsrc to capture picture, you need to add this plugin in deepstream pipeline, you need to modify deepstream SDK ,

1. add new enum NV_DS_SOURCE_CAMERA_BASLER in NvDsSourceType.
  2. add code to create pylonsrc element in create_camera_source_bin.

Yes, that’s what it says in the original forum post that I linked in my initial posting. However, I’m looking to see if there are any repositories which have this code already implemented. “Add code” is rather vague, and I’m not sure what exactly I need to add.

If you could point me towards what code I need to add that would be immensely helpful, thank you very much for your help.

there is no this code already implemented. first you need to know how to use this pylonsrc plugin to capture picture, then you need to add a new enum NV_DS_SOURCE_CAMERA_BASLER in struct NvDsSourceType, add code to create pylonsrc element in create_camera_source_bin, like this: bin->src_elem =
gst_element_factory_make (“pylonsrc”, “src_elem”);
you can refer to how to create v4l2 plugin in create_camera_source_bin.

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue any more.
Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.