DeepStream with GigE cameras (Pylon)

Hi, I’m trying to run one of DeepStream-6.1 samples with a Pylon GigE camera as the source.
I followed this link “Quickstart Guide — DeepStream 6.1.1 Release documentation” to install DeepStream and I can successfully run a sample pipeline on one of the prerecorded videos.
I have also Installed a Pylon plugin from “GitHub - joshdoe/gst-plugins-vision: GStreamer plugins related to the field of machine vision” for Gstreamer before, and it works fine.
How can I get the DeepStream to work with the camera now? I want to be able to add the pylonsrc instead of CAmeraV4L2 in the config files:

[source0]
enable=1
#Type - 1=CameraV4L2 2=URI 3=MultiURI
type=1
camera-width=640
camera-height=480
camera-fps-n=30
camera-fps-d=1
camera-v4l2-dev-node=0

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
• DeepStream Version 6.1
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)
• TensorRT Version 8.4.3
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only) 11.7
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs) questions

deepstream-app is just a sample app, it is totally open source, you can modify the code to add the new source type. Please refer to /opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream/sources/apps/

Thank you for your response. Could you please give me a bit more details? I have no idea what to modify and how.
Thank you

Update: I tried this repo (GitHub - NVIDIA-AI-IOT/deepstream-yolo3-gige-apps: A project demonstration on how to use the GigE camera to do the DeepStream Yolo3 object detection, how to set up the GigE camera, and deployment for the DeepStream apps.) to write an app that works with GigE cameras, it uses Aravis plugin for GigE cameras and the plugin works with GStreamer however I get the following error with both plugins (Aravis and the one here GitHub - joshdoe/gst-plugins-vision: GStreamer plugins related to the field of machine vision):

Could not create 'src_elem'
Failed to create source bin. Exiting

The following lines cause this error:

//create a source for ARAVIS SDK
  GstElement *src_elem = gst_element_factory_make ("aravissrc", "src_elem");
  if (!src_elem)
  {
    g_printerr ("Could not create 'src_elem'\n");
    return NULL;
  }

I found another topic with the exact same problem:

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue anymore.
Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one.
Thanks

How much do you know about gstreamer?( GStreamer: open source multimedia framework). It is just to add a new source which is a very common gstreamer usage.
joshdoe/gst-plugins-vision: GStreamer plugins related to the field of machine vision (github.com) is third party open source projects, please ask the owner for help.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.