Using P5.js with jetson nano

P5js is a javascript library that enables media presentation, interactive drawing as well as user input in an area of a web page defined as the CANVAS.

I’ve gotten it to work with the jetson nano since it is javascript , but only as long as only primitive drawing functions are used. However, I cannot use the predefined constant, VIDEO, to access the camera.

The p5.js code I use works fine on a raspberry pi
Here is my html:
<!doctype html
<html
<head
<script src=“p5/p5.js” </script
<script src=“p5/addons/p5.dom.js” </script
<script src=“sketch.js” </script
</head
<body style=“margin: 0; overflow: hidden;”
</body
</html

(I had to leave off the ’ > ’ inf each line of html because the text would not render properly in this forum)

and here is my sketch.js

let capture;

function setup() {
  createCanvas(390, 240);
  capture = createCapture(VIDEO);
  capture.size(320, 240);
  capture.hide();
}

function draw() {
  background(20);
  image(capture, 0, 0, 320, 240);
  filter(INVERT);
}

This puts up a grayscale video of what the camera is seeing.
However, it does not work on the jetson nano. All i see is a blank.

My camera on the nano is working fine.
This puts up a huge viewer that shows a live stream of what the camera sees

gst-launch-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc ! nvoverlaysink

When I run the code and look in the console , it shows this comment
p5.js says: createCapture() was expecting Function for parameter #1 (zero-based index), received an empty variable instead.

So clearly, the constant, VIDEO, is not pointing to the the video stream.
I tried replacing VIDEO with nvarguscamerasrc but the console says this is an undefined variable.

I looked in the file, p5.js, and found many classes of objects that use the constant, VIDEO.
The constant is defined in a separate file that is part of p5.js and is named p5.dom.js.
p5.prototype.VIDEO = 'video';
However, I cannot determine how VIDEO finds the proper hardware. nor do I know how to tell p5.js to look for the camera on the nano.

Can anyone shed light on this?

Suppose the JAVA script using V4L2 as capture interface then that could be malfunction due to jetson capture from V4l2 interface only support RAW data for bayer sensor.

Im sorry but I do not know what you mean. The p5js works on a raspberry pi, another ARM device.

Nano’s camera framework is different with any others.