Video driver for Linux Mint 20.3 Cinnamon

I recently took delivery of a new laptop from Velocity Micro. It came per my request with Linux Mint 20.3 Cinnamon. The manufacturer made a goof and the Driver Manager shows the laptop using the nvidia-driver-510 version 510.73.05-Oubuntu0.20.04.1. I need a driver compatible with Linux Mint, not Linux Oubuntu. Is there a driver available from nvidia for my application and, if so, how may I access it? Thank you very much

Linux Mint is built upon Ubuntu, so most packages contain “ubuntu” in their name. The driver you’re using is the correct one, there’s no “Mint specific driver”.

Every time I log in my laptop (from Velocity Micro) tells me I don’t have drivers installed. If I open the Driver Manager it says “nvidia-driver-510 (recommended)” is selected and down at the bottom it of the window it says “1 proprietary driver in use”. Despite this I keep receiving the warning that no drivers are loaded. Any help is appreciated. I am new to Linux

Please run nvidia-bug-report.sh as root and attach the resulting nvidia-bug-report.log.gz file to your post.

What command do I enter into the Terminal screen to run the report? I have tried "usr/lib/nvidia-510/bin/ " but the response was “No such file or directory” Also tried “sudo/usr/lib/nvidia-510/bin/nvidia-bug-report.sh” and the response was “No such file or directory”. I’m spinning my wheels.

sudo nvidia-bug-report.sh

After that report will be created in your home directory.