Visions of Chaos, Compute Capability, GeForce GT 1030

Trying to see if Visions of Chaos, which requires a Compute Capability of 3.5 or higher, will work with my GPU. The table on this site does not show a Compute Capability for the GeForce GT 1030. How can I find out?

Thank you

I can’t believe this is unanswerable. It’s a pretty simple question. Cards released in what looks like the same generation as my card are 3.5 or higher, but that’s not a definitive answer. Does anyone from nVidia monitor these forums? I would think the answer is there, they have to know, they built the card.

Thank you very much

Hi @tonyluigic ,

You might have better luck posting this in the GeForce forums.

Best regards,
Tom

Thank you, but no luck yet.

Search for GT 1030 Compute Capability and find this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CUDA

Compute capability 3.x are Kepler GPUs. GeForce 10 series are based on the newer Pascal GPU architecture which have compute capability 6.x.

(Since this is a developer forum, the CUDA developer way to determine this programmatically is to query either the CUDA Runtime API device properties major an minor versions or the CUDA Driver API cuDeviceGetAttribute() with CU_DEVICE_ATTRIBUTE_COMPUTE_CAPABILITY_MAJOR and CU_DEVICE_ATTRIBUTE_COMPUTE_CAPABILITY_MINOR.)

1 Like

Thank you for the reply!

In your cuda samples you will find the program deviceQuery. Run this and you will see, etc:
./deviceQuery Starting…

CUDA Device Query (Runtime API) version (CUDART static linking)

Detected 1 CUDA Capable device(s)

Device 0: “NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030”
CUDA Driver Version / Runtime Version 11.6 / 11.6
CUDA Capability Major/Minor version number: 6.1
Total amount of global memory: 2001 MBytes (2098593792 bytes)
(003) Multiprocessors, (128) CUDA Cores/MP: 384 CUDA Cores
GPU Max Clock rate: 1468 MHz (1.47 GHz)
Memory Clock rate: 3004 Mhz
Memory Bus Width: