Visual Profile on Ubuntu 8.04 CSV Error

Hi there! I’m new here and this is my first question.

I’m using visual profiler 1.1.5 on Unbuntu 8.04, but when I check any session profile counters I got the following error message:

“Empty header line found in CSV file.”

If I leave every box unchecked, I got a sucess with some results.

Complete output:

=== Start profiling for session 'Session3' ===

Start program '/home/rodrigo/NVIDIA_CUDA_SDK/bin/linux/release/reverseArray_multiblock_fast' run #1 ...

inicio

Correct!

fim. tempo de execução: 104 ms

Program run #1 completed.

Empty header line found in CSV file.

Any idea?

Thanks

Hey,

I can’t really help, but where did you get vers 1.1.5? Thanks!

Hi,

I think I am having exactly the same problem profiling cuda code on my linux box which is running Scientific Linux 5.2 (basically Redhat Enterprise 5.2) 64 bit. I have a Quadro FX570 and am using CUDA 2.1. I have no problems building code and I can get basic profiling information if I don’t switch on any of the counters but as soon as I do I start seeing the

“Empty header line found in CSV file.”

in version 1.1.5 of the visual profiling tool. I’ve tried profiling from the command line as well and it is the same problem; I’ve noticed that as soon as I set the CUDA_PROFILE_CONFIG environment variable I no longer see any output in the profile log but I can get basic information if I don’t set this. Does anyone know how to fix this or is this a bug which is fixed in the new versions of the tools?

BTW to get version 1.1.5 of the tools, just to go to the download site and select your OS, the default download is now that version it seems.

Thanks in advance for any help