Visual Profiler MBP Nvidia 330M Issues with the profiler

Hello all,

Nvidia’s Compute Visual Profiler is giving me problems and I’m wondering whether you’ve encountered the same.
When I try to profile an OpenCL program (which compiles and runs perfectly by itself) , I get the message “Unable to Initialize the Profiling in Start/Stop mode” and there is no output profiling file generated.
This error is in fact appearing for any executable that i try to profile.
I’m at my wits end and there is no information available online about this error. Please help!

Thanks,
Chinnappa

Hello all,

Nvidia’s Compute Visual Profiler is giving me problems and I’m wondering whether you’ve encountered the same.
When I try to profile an OpenCL program (which compiles and runs perfectly by itself) , I get the message “Unable to Initialize the Profiling in Start/Stop mode” and there is no output profiling file generated.
This error is in fact appearing for any executable that i try to profile.
I’m at my wits end and there is no information available online about this error. Please help!

Thanks,
Chinnappa

Hi. I am having a similar problem. Did you find a solution? Cheers. Dave.

Hi,

I have the same problem. I’ve tested it also on example programs (both cuda and opencl) and it fails there too.
In console it prints out
“cuosShmCreate failed” and sometimes “cuosShmCreate failed”

All of this on MBpro 300M.

Hello,

I’am experiencing the same problem.
Does anybody has found a solution in the meantime?

Thank you,
Wolf

Hi

I am also receiving this same error message when running computeprof: “Unable to initialize the Profiling in Start/Stop mode”.

Back on the command line, I see the message “cuosShmCreate failed”.

My CUDA program runs fine when I am not using the profiler.

This must be a relatively new error message as this is the only thread on the Internet that matches it as of this post.

Perhaps someone at NVIDIA can comment on this? Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Just throwing my hat in there - getting the same exact error as the previous poster

Same problem here, has anyone found a solution?

For my case, I can make this error message go away by increasing the “Max execution time” for the application in the ‘Session Settings’ dialogue. Conversely, if I reduce it so that it is way less than my kernel takes to execute then I can always reproduce this error.

I hope this helps…

Cheers, Andy.