Visual Profiler Problems Always get "Error in reading profiler output" message...

I am attempting to use the Compute Visual Profiler tool to profile some OpenCL code I have written, however I keep getting the “Error in reading profiler output” message. I’ve tried this on Mac OS X, Windows 7 64-bit, using two different applications I have written as well as the vector addition SDK example program, and I always get the same result. I’ve disabled various options (at one point all of them and the profiler counters) to no avail. My card is a GeForce GT 330M. Any ideas?

I am also experiencing the exact same problem. I am using Ubuntu 9.04 and Version 1.1.18 of the profiler.

Can anybody help?

I am also experiencing the exact same problem. I am using Ubuntu 9.04 and Version 1.1.18 of the profiler.

Can anybody help?

What driver you have ?
because i have the same problems and with the new driver in the CUDA 3.2 260.61, this problem disappears
But with this driver, it is not OpenCL 1.1 but OpenCL 1.0!!!
Very strange NVIDIA…

What driver you have ?
because i have the same problems and with the new driver in the CUDA 3.2 260.61, this problem disappears
But with this driver, it is not OpenCL 1.1 but OpenCL 1.0!!!
Very strange NVIDIA…

Same problem on Debian Lenny Linux with driver 260.24 (Compute Visual Profiler version 2.3) keeps saying:

Error in profiler data file '/$path_to_file/temp_compute_profiler_0_0.csv' at line number 1. No column found

But, apparently without any change on the code or to the configuration of the system, it succeeded to complete one run successfully… very strange behavior… I thought it to be related to the weird way I installed it (reported here: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=181805), but then it seems I’m not the only one having this problem…

Same problem on Debian Lenny Linux with driver 260.24 (Compute Visual Profiler version 2.3) keeps saying:

Error in profiler data file '/$path_to_file/temp_compute_profiler_0_0.csv' at line number 1. No column found

But, apparently without any change on the code or to the configuration of the system, it succeeded to complete one run successfully… very strange behavior… I thought it to be related to the weird way I installed it (reported here: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=181805), but then it seems I’m not the only one having this problem…

Well, I did encountered the “Error in reading profiler output” too. However, it was due to my mistakes in coding - not releasing OpenCL buffers properly or bad memory access in kernel code. Just a suggestion: try to debug your code on CPU and see what happens.

Well, I did encountered the “Error in reading profiler output” too. However, it was due to my mistakes in coding - not releasing OpenCL buffers properly or bad memory access in kernel code. Just a suggestion: try to debug your code on CPU and see what happens.

When I was having this problem I found that it was my fault; no kernels were being executed. Hope that helps?

When I was having this problem I found that it was my fault; no kernels were being executed. Hope that helps?