CUDA visual profiler help

Anyone used CUDA visual profiler? I’m trying to get it working for Ubuntu 8.04, using visual profiler 1.0 Alpha.

in my session settings, I am using:

Launch: “/bin/linux/release/oceanFFT”
Working Directory: /bin/linux/release

And what I get for an error message is:

Error -94 in reading profiler output.
Minimum expected columns (method,gputime,cputime,occupancy) not found in profiler output file.

Thanks!

Hi,

I got this error on windows platform when the profiler stopped collecting information while the GPU was still calculating.

My code runs in a loop, once I set the code to stop running after, say, 30 seconds and set the profiler to collect data for 40 secs I got the results fine.

Not sure if this is your problem as well though :)

eyal

First I would install the latest version of the profiler.
Second, the profiler waits a certain time (adjustable) for the program to finish. If you did not stop the program before that time, the profiler will not have data to display.

Sure, can you point me to where I can get the latest version? I tried searching but to no avail found where the ‘latest’ release is…

Also, has anyone used the visual profiler with the CUDA SDK on Ubuntu? I’d like to just get a feel for it, using something like the matrixmul program, but I still get the same error as described above. Thanks!

Sure, can you point me to where I can get the latest version? I tried searching but to no avail found where the ‘latest’ release is…

Also, has anyone used the visual profiler with the CUDA SDK on Ubuntu? I’d like to just get a feel for it, using something like the matrixmul program, but I still get the same error as described above. Thanks!

download cuda

select linux 32 or 64 bit

select Ubuntu 8.04

click the link to the profiler.