Vulkan fails to start on Geforce 650

I have a Geforce GTX 650 and Windows 10 64bit.
I installed the beta Vulkan driver (356.39).
However when I run vulkaninfo.exe from the Vulkan SDK from LunarG it fails. This is the output:

Vulkan API Version: 1.0.3

INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found manifest file H:\VulkanSDK\1.0.3.1\Bin\VkLayer_api_dump.json, version "1.0.0"
INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found manifest file H:\VulkanSDK\1.0.3.1\Bin\VkLayer_device_limits.json, version "1.0.0"
INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found manifest file H:\VulkanSDK\1.0.3.1\Bin\VkLayer_draw_state.json, version "1.0.0"
INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found manifest file H:\VulkanSDK\1.0.3.1\Bin\VkLayer_image.json, version "1.0.0"
INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found manifest file H:\VulkanSDK\1.0.3.1\Bin\VkLayer_mem_tracker.json, version "1.0.0"
INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found manifest file H:\VulkanSDK\1.0.3.1\Bin\VkLayer_object_tracker.json, version "1.0.0"
INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found manifest file H:\VulkanSDK\1.0.3.1\Bin\VkLayer_param_checker.json, version "1.0.0"
INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found manifest file H:\VulkanSDK\1.0.3.1\Bin\VkLayer_screenshot.json, version "1.0.0"
INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found manifest file H:\VulkanSDK\1.0.3.1\Bin\VkLayer_swapchain.json, version "1.0.0"
INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found manifest file H:\VulkanSDK\1.0.3.1\Bin\VkLayer_threading.json, version "1.0.0"
INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found manifest file H:\VulkanSDK\1.0.3.1\Bin\VkLayer_unique_objects.json, version "1.0.0"
INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found manifest file H:\VulkanSDK\1.0.3.1\Bin\VkLayer_vktrace_layer.json, version "1.0.0"
INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found manifest file H:\Program Files\RenderDoc\renderdoc.json, version "1.0.0"
INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found manifest file H:\WINDOWS\system32\nv-vk64.json, version "1.0.0"
ERROR: [loader] Code 0 : Failed to find function "vk_icdGetInstanceProcAddr" in dynamic library
Cannot create Vulkan instance.
C:\releasebuild\LoaderAndValidationLayers\demos\vulkaninfo.c:691: failed with VK_ERROR_INCOMPATIBLE_DRIVER

The file nv-vk64.json is there as is the nvoglv64.dll file that this references and inspecting the dll shows it exports a function vk_icdGetInstanceProcAddr. I do have to copy the file out of Windows\system32 to inspect this.

I have had this working correctly on other machines, but this one fails.

GTX 650 should work. Sorry that it doesn’t work out of the box.

Did you reboot after installation of the driver?
In the NVIDIA control panel, could you verify that the 356.39 is actually installed?
Is this the only GPU in your system?

Thanks,

Mathias

I have just rebooted and tried again. It still does not work.
The control panel says: version 356.39 GeForce GTX 650.
This is the only GPU in the system.
I think this is probably more of a file permission or security problem, it fails to get the entry function in the dll, this is before initialization.

I think there was something up with my hard disk, I had further unrelated problems that meant I had to replace the hard disk. With a new hard disk and drivers 364.51 I have got Vulkan working.