What is the best way to connect stepper driver to jetson nano?

Hello I have a set of 2 dm542 stepper drivers and nema 23 motors what is the best way aside from Arduino or using usb, to control the motors speed and direction. I was able to get the driver to work well on Arduino. The driver has the following pins: PUL+, PUL-, DIR+, DIR-, ENA+, ENA-. Also are there any libraries for stepper motor control?

1 Like

Seems not. Please refer to product design guide in DLC for all available ports on nano: Jetson Download Center | NVIDIA Developer

1 Like

Thank you for the response. here is the documentation for the driver
if you look on page 3 it says that the 4 connections [quote=“dannythms3, post:1, topic:159378”]
PUL+, PUL-, DIR+, DIR-
[/quote] are PWM. I have read the doc that you talked about (https://developer.download.nvidia.com/assets/embedded/secure/jetson/Nano/docs/Jetson_Nano_Product_Design_Guide_DG-09502-001_v2.1.pdf?R-s0E-6aXd16Sw_WkqfqYlyt-2-daHv36Ms7tn5Rp_WuwgC7IVMKq3OOvrqdDwMUbU6IDmyhjfLOzQ4pbSO0wdArAkgNF_po6AdGuDvk9rzk3uHJ5pDrQNVfOyNxpFJOLAN8J8W0tF7FXZ-CgoCN7oZS-gI1GfQP4VGm59f1a4hcTtakCJ306y2Ry5YzNKcno6QYZif8zOPltUJBdg). but it was not clear to me how I could control the drivers. would I be able to control it using a pwm driver such as this (Adafruit 16-Channel 12-bit PWM/Servo Driver - I2C interface [PCA9685] : ID 815 : $14.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits). If anyone has suggestions it would be much appreciated.

It depends on the interface requested. For PWM signal, there are pwm pins on nano that might be used for stepper control. But it would be better to get reference design from vendor and migrate onto nano.