What is the current status of 64-bit CUDA on Mac OS X?

I am using CUDA to accelerate a computationally-intensive Java application under Mac OS X 10.5. Java 6 delivers much, much better performance on the unaccelerated portions of the app than Java 5 - but it is 64-bit only under OS X, and there is only a 32-bit CUDA library available.

When will there be a 64-bit version of CUDA available for OS X? It would be nice to have an actual date, or a statement like “This is planned for version 2.1 under OS X”, or “This will not happen for at least six months.” The only information I can find about this says “We’re thinking about it”.

I second this request. I have a big database I want to mmap so I can pull pieces of it into CUDA faster.

Cheers,

Drew

We’re working on it, but it’s not going to come with 2.2.

And yet 2.3 was released and no 64 bits… Any chance to have it for 2.4? And as soon as possible?

Any news?

Mark

any hot news about the 64-bit version for osx ? can we be of any help in compiling debugging or whatever else to make this available fast ?

Hi out there!

Seems that everyone has desisted on asking for a 64bit CUDA version for Mac OS!! I’m running 10.6.2 in 64bit kernel mode, and MATLAB and a lot of other software work great.

Version 3.0.1 (beta) of CUDA driver installs but doesn’t seem to work.

Is there any plan to support 64bit in MacOS as well as all the other operating systems?

Thanks.

bump

Looking foward for a 64-bit version of CUDA for OS X too.

TMurray,

Is there any news on a 64 bit version of CUDA drivers for the Mac?

3.0.1 seems to be complete and works well with the examples and XCode integration so I have been expecting a move from beta to release for weeks.

I hope Nvidia hasn’t folded on CUDA support. ATI isn’t sitting still with their Stream APIs.

Any news on this? I would really like to keep booting x64 only, and the current version doesn’t seem to work in that mode

I was hoping 3.0 would provide 64-bit toolkit for Mac. This has been a long delayed compared to the 64-bit versions created for the other platforms.

Would it, could it be possible that the development of a 64 bit version of CUDA drivers for OS X had to be put on hold until SL 10.6.3 was finished?
The Nvidia team updated the drivers for that build and developing CUDA drivers might have been be put off until that higher priority task was finished.

Seti is waiting…

64-bit driver API applications should work with CUDA 3.0 and 10.6.3. 64-bit runtime support will be added in a future toolkit release.

Any word on when we can expect to see a 64-bit version for OS X?

Any word on when we can expect to see a 64-bit version for OS X?

I believe 64-bit CUDA runtime is working already in CUDA 3.1. (It appeared to work for me when I briefly tried it.) You have to pass the -m64 option to nvcc to get it to generate 64-bit host code, as it continues to emit 32-bit code by default.

I believe 64-bit CUDA runtime is working already in CUDA 3.1. (It appeared to work for me when I briefly tried it.) You have to pass the -m64 option to nvcc to get it to generate 64-bit host code, as it continues to emit 32-bit code by default.

Uhmm… How?

Uhmm… How?