Which dtb is used

In the boot folder, many dtb or dtbo files. Which one is used?

check your dmesg or flash log and it will tell you.

Thanks for the reply.
“journalctl -b” shows the boot log and “tegra210-p3448-0000-p3449-0000-b00.dts” is found, but seems tegra210-p3448-0000-p3449-0000-b00.dtb under \boot is not used.

From the forum, the dtb file is writen into a partion. So how to update the dtb partion and how to get the dtb file from the partion?

Did you ever use our flash tool to flash the board? Please be aware that I am not talking about sdcard image.

Not yet,thanks!

please download BSP directory manually or let sdkmanager to download it.

https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/archives/l4t-archived/l4t-3261/index.html#page/Tegra%20Linux%20Driver%20Package%20Development%20Guide/quick_start.html#

BTW, you need to prepare another x86 ubuntu 18.04 host for it.

I follow the steps and use “sudo ./flash.sh jetson-nano-devkit mmcblk0p1” to flash the sd card. And how to flash the dtb?
flash.bin has 3527 lines and it is not eay to trace.

Not asking you to trace flash.sh. Only asked you to read the flash log and see which dtb is getting flashed to your board…

And the dtb file will be located in Linux_for_Tegra/kernel/dtb.

Got it. Seems only one partition and the dtb file is located is the /boot folder.
So just overwrite the dtb file in the boot!
Am I correct?
Thanks!

No, the dtb by default is read from that partition. The one in /boot is not in use by default.

You need to update the one on your host PC and flash the board again. It will gets flashed to the board again.
That is why keep asking you to read the flash log so that you can know which file is getting flashed into…

Is there any command which just update dtb and others keep unchanged?

sudo ./flash.sh -r -k DTB your_board_config mmcblk0p1

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.