Why `release_request_pad( )` of nvstreammux element is such slow?

Hey, guys

I built a dynamic pipeline similar to nvidia’s official python app runtime_source_add_delete.

Everything works fine, except when release_request_pad() function called on nvstreammux, which takes me about 40 ~ 160 seconds to release the pad.

Why was that happened and how can I fix it? Could you give me any clue? Thanks forward.

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) GPU: RTX 3070
• DeepStream Version: 6.0.1

1 did official python app has the same issue in your enviroment?
2 please provide your logs, for example, redirect log to a file , like this: app >1.log, 2>1.log.
3 could you provide your code diff?

Official python app itself works smoothly; I found the reason why my app it is slow.

Cause I occasionally set the property sync-inputs=True, which is different with my sink element’s property sync=False.

If set them both True of both False, them my app works fine.

could you provide your code diff? only sink.set_property(“sync”, 1) ?

Yes, I reproduce the issue on the official app, I’ll post soon.

myapp_deepstream_rt_src_add_del.py (18.6 KB)

I only modify few lines of code:

• add timing in stop_release_source function
  • add a sink probe to print buffer timestamp to notify that gstreaming is running

Here is the diff result:

And here is result after running the code:

The thing I found is that when sync-inputs on nvstreammux is different from sync on sink, the issue appears.

Why is this happened? Could you give me any clue?

what is your video source? Using your code I can’t reproduce the hung issue, my test video is deepstream’s sample_720p.mp4.

I sent you a message containing my test video. Thank you very much.

I repeatedly reproduce the issue on DeepStream Official Container environment (devel version).

Hi, do you have any progress on this issue?

1 if only adding “streammux.set_property(“sync-inputs”, True)” in python code, I can reproduce this hung issue by your video file, deleting some sources will cost more than 40 seconds.
2 sync-inputs means “Boolean property to sychronization of input frames using PTS”, maybe sychronization will cause to wait, I will check, you can set it to false for workaround.

OK. I set it false by now. Thank you very much about your effort.
If you have any news about it, please let me know. I’m appreciate about that.