Will this course be worthy of learning development of deepstream application (python)?

Hi hope you are doing good.

I have Experienced in Machine Learning Models and Deep Learning models but I am kind new to deep stream application (python).

Now I see the Course from Nvidia institute mentioned below but the details are very little so I want to make sure whether it is good for me or not.

I want to learn the development of Deepstream application .

I have learned the following tools.

1. TAO tool kit used and trained custom models.
  2. Used in Deepstream reference app and python app.
  3. Accessed remote live streaming of inference video.
  4. I have seen python-app code but still a lot of confusion, will this course be worthy of solving all confusion?

The whole question is will I be able to learn the development of Deepstream application with python and debugging of Deepstream application in python with this course Courses – NVIDIA

Also not mentioned detail about Certificate and whether the course content will be more practical ( video content ) or more theoretical?

The couse may be useful for you. Before that I will suggest you to be familiar with GStreamer and c/c++ DeepStream first, DeepStream SDK support python through DeepStream python binding, you must be familiar with the basic logic under the bindings if you also need to debug it.

Hi @ Fiona.Chen thanks for your reply

I have Deepstream python app but I want to debug with the help of spyder. Is this possible like we do debug on regular python applications?

what should be installed in conda environment ? ( any package )

HI @Fiona.Chen

can you recommend any course that is good for beginner to learn basic logic of bindings, how to debug these bindings and application flow and usage of different plugins config files in the application ( Deepstream python app )

If the spyder tool can support pyds bindings, it can be used.

Do you mean CUDA? You need to follow Quickstart Guide — DeepStream 6.3 Release documentation to prepare DeepStream environment, after DeepStream SDK is ready, you need to follow deepstream_python_apps/bindings at master · NVIDIA-AI-IOT/deepstream_python_apps (github.com) to build and install pyds bindings correctly.

Please read the document in NVIDIA-AI-IOT/deepstream_python_apps: DeepStream SDK Python bindings and sample applications (github.com)

Pyds bindings are based on pybind/pybind11: Seamless operability between C++11 and Python (github.com), please refer to pybind11 resources for the basic logic and knowledge.

Not Cuda,its already installed on PC and we run the python application by using sudo python3 deepstreamtest1.py video.mp4

with this command, I don’t think we can debug while we are using breakpoints for debugging in Spyder that’s why we need an environment that will have spyder and python installed but not sure if there may be other dependencies we might require.

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue anymore. Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one. Thanks

Can you consult the vendor of Spyder for how to debug third party bindings?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.