3ds Max Connector now available!
NVIDIA Omniverse 3ds Max connector is a plug-in that offers a robust toolkit for Autodesk 3ds Max users to live-sync and send model data to an NVIDIA Omniverse Nucleus Server. This not only gives 3ds Max users a first-class renderer through Omniverse View or Omniverse Kit but also the ability to open, edit, and sync with any application supporting Omniverse Connect. We currently support 3ds Max 2019, 2020, and 2021.
Here’s a quick highlight of some of the features in the first release of 3ds Max Connector:
- Import and Export
- Variants and instances supported
- 3ds Max Omni Lights
- Physical Lights set to Point Shape
- Early Camera Support
- Material support
- MDL & USD Preview Surface export
- V-Ray to MDL export
- Live sync
- Project workflow compatible with Omniverse View and AEC connectors
Please jump in and take a look!
Variants export from 3ds Max and made available in Omniverse Create:
Scene created in 3ds Max, combined with a Dome made in Rhino ( Robert Cervellione - Woods Bagot ) in Omniverse View
Live Collaboration between multiple 3ds Max users and Omniverse View including USD Variants.
Vray Materials → Omniverse
3ds Max + Vray export of a scene by Evermotion.
You can purchase this scene here: https://evermotion.org/shop/show_product/ai48-scene-2/14309
Full release notes below:
- Save USD
- Import USD
- OMNIVERSE® Toolbar
- OMNIVERSE® file browser
- Support OMNIVERSE® View Projects for AEC
- More native material types export to MDL
- Vray to MDL on Export
- Improved USD Preview Surface support for export and Open USD
- Improved Instance support
- General stability and bug fixes
- Client Library Updated
- Core MDL library updated
- Material Mapping workflow with CSV file