We released an update to the Maya Omniverse Connector.
Listed here is the highlights for the release.
- Added Maya 2022 support. Must unload other USD plug-ins first.
- Added Arnold 6.2 support for Maya 2020 / 2022
- Added auto skel root generation for files that don’t meet usdSkel requirements
- Added auto conversion of meshes with joint parents to be rigidly skin bound on export
- Added scripted export options for Skin bind position.
- Added USD Python Bindings, using Python 2.7, + USD 3 for Maya 2022. ( Other usd plug ins must be completely uninstalled to not have a conflict)
- Added initial support for materials created by Create Material Editor / USD Shade
- Added Checkpoint support ( replaced Snapshots), for supported servers
- Added OmniSurface materials to Core MDL materials
- Improved Material Export support
- Improved instance Export
- Improved Live Sync
- Improved resolving default prims on import USD
- Fixed animation transforms if animation is exported at a different up axis than the source.
- Fixed an Omniverse Connection issue
- Fixed Default Prim when export a Prop Animation Clip
- Fixed a variety of Windows and Linux specific bugs
- Changed Export Option - Normalize Skin moved to a only script command
- Changed Export Option - Embedded MDL on by default, script command available to control it.
See full documentation here.