How to loadPlugin "OmniverseMayaLoader.mll" for maya2022 from mayapy

hello when I install maya2022 and the autodesk maya omniverse connector in windows, autoload the plugin OmniverseMayaLoader.mll.
I can export the usd from the UI. But when use the python script :
import maya.mel as mel
import maya.standalone
maya.standalone.initialize()
mel.eval(‘loadPlugin “OmniverseMayaLoader.mll”’)
It crash for
Error: file: D:/program/maya2022/Maya2022/scripts/others/addNewShelfTab.mel line 57 : setParent: Object '' not found.
API error detected in E:/w/ebe3de56d7a95e2/source/maya/plugin.cpp at line 353
: (kFailure): Unexpected Internal Failure
InitParameters()
I change the version for maya2020, the problem is also exits.
thanks for your help.

Hi @1334138759 , and thank you for joining the forums and posting this issue. Can you provide this info:

OS, GPU, GPU Driver, the version of the app, and full log file? For crashes, please zip and provide a link to your logs → C:\Users\ [YOUR NAME] \ .nvidia-omniverse\logs

In the meantime, you are also welcome to chat with other Omniverse users on our official Discord server: NVIDIA Omniverse

Thanks again. :)

Cheers,
Edmar

P.S. We are constantly adding new tutorials and aggregate them all in the “learn” tab on the launcher (also see: NVIDIA Omniverse Tutorials | NVIDIA Developer).

he / him | LinkedIn | Discord ID: Prof E#2041
Omniverse: “A New Era of Collaboration and Simulation” (video)
Omniverse Create’s latest features show & tell: Twitch livestream.
As seen in VentureBeat | Physics Showcase

Omniverse Resources:
Open Beta | Documentation | Tech Requirements | Videos | Roadmap | Twitter | Discord | Twitch

PLEASE NOTE: If you are reporting a bug/issue, please provide OS, GPU, GPU Driver, the version of the app, and full log file (if applicable). For crashes, please zip and provide a link to your logs → C:\Users\ [YOUR NAME] \ .nvidia-omniverse\logs

1 Like

Thanks for your help.
GPU:RTX2070
gpu driver:472.12
cuda version:11.0
my script: import maya.mel as mel
import maya.standalone
maya.standalone.initialize()
mel.eval(‘loadPlugin “OmniverseMayaLoader.mll”’)

my cmd : D:\program\maya2022\Maya2022\bin\mayapy.exe H:\USD\code\d2e-maya-script\d2e-maya-script\a.py

The crash is :

the log file is :
nvidia-omniverse-logs.zip (583.1 KB)
I try the maya2020, the result is alse crash。
thanks very much!

Another community member is reporting seeing something simular:
kluenchan

Jan 3

Is there a solution for installing both mayaUsdPlugin.mll and OminverseMayaLoader.mll together in maya?
Because once I installed OminverseMayaLoader. MayaUsd plugin auto load get turn off. even if I tired to turn it on manually. I would get this error message.
// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2022/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 316: The specified procedure could not be found.
(mayaUsdPlugin) //

Dear user,
How about that you can turn off the auto-load option in Maya plugin manager. Then after you start maya with UI, you can use script command mel.eval(‘loadPlugin “OmniverseMayaLoader.mll”’) to load it.
I tried your way. Maya will send out quit event. Even if comment the last line of loading our plugin, mayapy ends quickly. But if I start mayapy without any python script file as argument, mayapy enters interactive mode. Then I can copy and paste your python scripts line by line including loading our plugin. It works well. Maybe you can try it also.
I did notice some of the output errors. We will fix those errors in next release.