I am unable to load the Native Omniverse Connector (v207.0 beta) with Windows Maya 2024.1 using any version of Maya’s USD plugin v0.24.0 and above (0.25.0 as of this writing).
- Install a fresh Maya 2024.1 and upgrade the Maya USD plugin to v0.24.0 or v0.25.0.
- Install Ominiverse Native Connector v207.0 beta
- Launch Maya
- Go to the Plugin Manager and load mayaUSDPlugin.mll
- Now load the OmniNative.mll plugin you will get an error.
// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2024/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 316: Unable to dynamically load : D:/ov/pkg/maya-native-connector-207.0.0/plugin/2024/OmniNative.mll // The specified module could not be found. // Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2024/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 316: The specified module could not be found. // (OmniNative)
I’ve taken the liberty to pop open pluginWin.mel at line 316. It’s just trying to load the plugin and failing. You can also use this bit of Python code to get the same error essentially:
import os import maya.cmds as cmds # put the plugin path here... plugin_path = 'C:/<path_to_ov>/pkg/maya-native-connector-207.0.0/plugin/2024/OmniNative.mll' # load plugin manually if os.path.exists(plugin_path): cmds.loadPlugin(plugin_path)
As a workaround, you can:
- Uninstall the latest mayaUsdPlugin.
- Install v0.23.0 of the Maya USD Plugin and now it should work. But you will not have the latest features and bug fixes.
Hope this helps get the problem fixed.