Maya Connector Plug-in "OmniverseDCCLoader" not found on MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH

INSTALATION: Windows 10. Omnivers installed on its own external drive NTFS

ISSUE: Maya, after launching, throws error AND unable to load OmniverseDCCLoader. Omniverse will not load in maya 2023 or 2022.

TRIED:

1. close all versions of Maya. uninstall all versions of Nvidia connectors for Maya.
  2. as administrator, re-install NVidia connectors for Maya
  3. launch Maya 2023 and get the error:
    Error: line 1: Plug-in, “OmniverseDCCLoader”, was not found on MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH
  4. Unloaded, and disabled MayaUSD and BiFrostUSD plugins. Exited Maya. Repeated steps 1-2.
  5. After disabling any usd and reinstalling the Maya connector, there is no ‘omniverse’ plugin to be found in the Maya plugins manager and the error persists: Error: line 1: Plug-in, “OmniverseDCCLoader”, was not found on MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH

Attempted the same in Maya v2022 and got the same results and errors.

QUESTIONS:
I’ve searched the Maya directories after Nvidia installs the connector and find NO files listed with ‘omni’. I see no new symbolic links. Where is the plugin being installed?

LOGS:
launcher.log (6.2 KB)

Hello @alanrosesf! I will have to have the dev team take a look at your logs. I am not seeing anything in them that would indicate this error. The last line of your logs says that the Maya Connector was installed here: F:\NVIDIA\Ominiverse Library\maya-connector-103.4.0.

I will post back when I have more information to share!

Hi alanrosesf,
Sounds like you may have done this, but to be sure, In launcher under Library, click on the Maya connector, on the options menu, click settings. uninstall each entry. Then re-install Maya Connector from Launcher Exchange.

Also check in the maya plug in manager that Maya is set to load the Connector.

In rare cases, you may have to uninstall Maya USD and Bifrost.

Thank you. Yes, I did uninstall all versions of Connectors for Maya in Library->Settings. I did install just the current released version and attempted the entire process beginning with Un-Loading the Maya plugins for Bifrost and USD and exiting Maya. I confirmed they were off by going back into Maya and looking at the plugins state.

The Maya Connector install proceeded and produced the following log files.

Will await further feedback as to how to proceed. Thank you.

Thank you Wendy. Correct, the code was installed onto an NTFS drive I setup just for Omniverse. I can go to the F:\ directory and there are all the plugin info.

I can run the MayaSetup.exe and it states the plugin is installed into Maya. I can’t find any trace of the plugin being installed into any of the Maya program directories nor does any plugin in the Maya plugin Manager have ‘omni’ in it.

Further investigation that may help you pinpoint any issues.

I ran MayaSetup.exe and uninstalled the connector, then exited that .exe.

I then ran the following line to capture any output from that .exe:

MayaSetup.exe 2>&1 | out-file log.txt

I pressed ‘Install’ and it says it installed the code.

Here is the output log of that install:

Uninstalling for Maya 2023
Exit code = 0/nInstalling for Maya 2023
Exit code = 0/n

I launch Maya and I get the same errors which are pasted below. Note, biFrost and Maya USD plugins are NOT loaded.

file -f -new;
// untitled
commandPort -securityWarning -name commandportDefault;
onSetCurrentLayout “Maya Classic”;
// Warning: file: C:\Users\alanr\Autodesk\2023\prefs\filePathEditorRegistryPrefs.mel line 4: filePathEditor: Attribute ‘aiImage.filename’ is invalid or is not designated ‘usedAsFilename’.
// Warning: file: C:\Users\alanr\Autodesk\2023\prefs\filePathEditorRegistryPrefs.mel line 5: filePathEditor: Attribute ‘aiPhotometricLight.aiFilename’ is invalid or is not designated ‘usedAsFilename’.
// Warning: file: C:\Users\alanr\Autodesk\2023\prefs\filePathEditorRegistryPrefs.mel line 6: filePathEditor: Attribute ‘aiStandIn.dso’ is invalid or is not designated ‘usedAsFilename’.
// Warning: file: C:\Users\alanr\Autodesk\2023\prefs\filePathEditorRegistryPrefs.mel line 7: filePathEditor: Attribute ‘aiVolume.filename’ is invalid or is not designated ‘usedAsFilename’.
// AbcExport v1.0 using Alembic 1.8.3 (built May 5 2022 22:34:38)
evalDeferred “shaderBallRendererMenuUpdate”;
// Warning: line 1: filePathEditor: Attribute ‘aiStandIn.dso’ and label ‘Standin’ have been saved already.
// Warning: line 1: filePathEditor: Attribute ‘aiVolume.filename’ and label ‘VDB’ have been saved already.
// Error: line 1: Plug-in, “OmniverseDCCLoader”, was not found on MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH.
// Warning: [mdl extension] OmniverseDCCLoader not accessible.
// Warning: line 1: filePathEditor: Attribute ‘aiImage.filename’ and label ‘Image’ have been saved already.
// Warning: line 1: filePathEditor: Attribute ‘aiPhotometricLight.aiFilename’ and label ‘IES’ have been saved already.
import arnold
import mtoa
import mtoa.cmds.registerArnoldRenderer;mtoa.cmds.registerArnoldRenderer.registerArnoldRenderer()
updateRenderOverride;
// AbcImport v1.0 using Alembic 1.8.3 (built May 5 2022 22:34:38)
updateRendererUI;

Thank you for the details. I’ll pass this to my developers.

I did not meet this error before. I have to guess what could be causing the problem. Can you try #1 and #2?

1. go to folder C:\Program Files\Autodesk\MayaUSD\Maya2023 and rename it.
  2. copy the Maya Connector to a local disk partition, not NFS. e.g. copy F:\NVIDIA\Ominiverse Library\maya-connector-103.4.0 to c or d disk. And run MayaSetup.exe. Now try Maya 2023 again

Thank you.

Both #1 and #2 produced the same results

// Error: line 1: Plug-in, “OmniverseDCCLoader”, was not found on MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH.
// Warning: [mdl extension] OmniverseDCCLoader not accessible.

@alanrosesf

It sounds like you are still having an issue with the plug-in path, this could be related to Maya.env or other scripts override the MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH;

Could you please do the following:

1. Open Maya 2023, and open Script Editor
  2. select the MEL tab and type: getenv MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH and press Enter key

The result should be a list of everything in the MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH, can you confirm the maya-connector is in your resulting path?

getenv MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH;
// Result: C:/Users/alanr/Autodesk/2023/plug-ins;C:/Users/alanr/Autodesk/plug-ins;C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2023/bin/plug-ins;C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2023/plug-ins/ATF/plug-ins;C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Bifrost/Maya2023/2.4.0.0/bifrost/plug-ins;C:/Program Files/Common Files/Autodesk/ApplicationPlugins/bifrost/Contents/plug-ins;C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2023/plug-ins/MASH/plug-ins;C:/Program Files/Autodesk/MayaUSD/Maya2023/0.18.0/mayausd/MayaUSD/lib/maya;C:/Program Files/Autodesk/MayaUSD/Maya2023/0.18.0/mayausd/MayaUSD/plugin/adsk/plugin;C:/ProgramData/Autodesk/ApplicationPlugins/MayaScanner/Contents/plug-ins;C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2023/plug-ins/pulldownit/plug-ins;C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2023/plug-ins/fbx/plug-ins;C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2023/plug-ins/camd/plug-ins;C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Arnold/maya2023/plug-ins;C:/ProgramData/Autodesk/ApplicationPlugins/ngskintools2/Contents/plug-ins;C:/Program Files/Allegorithmic/Adobe Substance 3D for Maya/2023/plug-ins;C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2023/plug-ins/sweep/plug-ins;C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Bifrost/Maya2023/2.4.0.0/vnn/plug-ins;C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2023/plug-ins/xgen/plug-ins;

Bifrost and Maya USD still show up in your paths. Try uninstalling both to resolve the conflict.
–Aron